No announcement yet.

[Game Guide] How to rune your units!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx, great guide, would be nice if you could include awakened names.

Comment

• Skeletoon
      Skeletoon commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll try to include it in the future

Hey skele. No comprende this
    "Before you complain about why I didn't use Rage+Blade (Atk%/CritRate%/Atk%) please note that you are sacrificing a lot of potential damage from the 4th slot just to bump up your critRate and have an additional 30% critDmg. Are you willing to sacrifice a whole 64% atk power just for an additional 30% CritDmg?"

Do you mean 30% Crit Rate?

Comment

• Skeletoon
      Skeletoon commented
      Editing a comment
      I know Rage+Blade Atk%/CritDmg%/Atk% is the best build if you can get enough Crit but I am against anyone who uses Rage+Blade Atk%/CritRATE%/Atk% since you are sacrificing the 64% atk for to increase CritRate.

I was comparing the build Rage+Blade (Atk%/CritRate%/Atk%) with Fatal+Blade (Atk%/Atk%/Atk%) Since a lot of people complain that the first build is better

The Increase CritDmg from the rage bonus is good but comparing the two, Fatal+64% Attack > Rage+Increased CritRate

• MedalChamp
      MedalChamp commented
      Editing a comment
      I see, that's where the misunderstandign came in. I apologize, and you are correct sir. Maybe add that in though? It is a bit confusing at first, especially since that sentence doesn't connect with anything to do with Fatal.

• Skeletoon
      Skeletoon commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess I'll change it then

Quick Question.

Why do you not recommend Despair on Water 9t?

Edit: Would Rage Blade be better on Sigmarus, than say, Fatal blade? Especially if crit rate is over 50% (I think mine is 54-58%)

Comment

Why 3 revenge atk atk atk on Katarina?
      Why Fatal blade atk atk atk on her?
      Where's rage blade atk critdmg atk

Comment

• Skeletoon
        Skeletoon commented
        Editing a comment
        You read the top bit. I stated you must read the top bit before looking

is this thread still good? is it up to date?

Comment

• Elcrest
        Elcrest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. It's up to date and I think rune suggestions are better here. More useful.

• Evalon
        Evalon commented
        Editing a comment
        really would like to know which one is better for dung or toa or AD AO
        xD

• Skeletoon
        Skeletoon commented
        Editing a comment
        That would probably be too much to ask for. There is also the problem of team set up. One build will fit one team while another build will fit another team.

I don't agree with a fair amount of your suggestions on the monsters I have, but I guess that is what happens when you play the game long enough, you are able to make judgement calls on your own. And yeah violent can go on basically anyone and not be bad. Can I ask why you labeled water kobold as swift? It seems you labels the other kobold's with bombs as fatal but labeled this one as the same as the ones without bombs.

Comment

• Skeletoon
        Skeletoon commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree that it should be Fatal but since I haven't edited in quite a while, it was originally to get more turns to place those bombs. I should change it to Fatal since tbh, I won't change anything until someone points it out. I'm pretty busy with other stuff. If you would like to point out any other bad rune builds then feel free to do so.

P.S I've been playing since the second month SWSA. I started this guide pretty early in though.
        Last edited by Skeletoon; 03-12-2015, 02:08 PM.

Monsters rating Plz.

Comment

• Skeletoon
        Skeletoon commented
        Editing a comment
        Do it yourself Plz.

ok only have the water penguin but energy hp% is way off its a atk mon fatal/blade or rage/ blade atk%/cd%/atk% would work better
      Last edited by ARTH3R; 03-14-2015, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Just want to ask, can Bernard be Swift Focus (SPD/HP%/ACC%) or does adding the Focus and Acc% too much for his debuff skills?

Comment

• Skeletoon
          Skeletoon commented
          Editing a comment
          It can be but I focused on his 3rd skill rather than his second skill. His 2nd skill is definitely useful so if you want to utilize his second skill more effectively, you're more than welcome to.

Hey @Skeletoon. Quick Question
        Which monsters could best utilize these 6* runes:
        Swift slot 4 attk%
        Focus slot 2 attk%
        Despair slot 6 HP%
        Fatal slot 2 attk%
        Endure slot 4 attk %
        Energy slot 4 Crit Damage

I have badluck with subs so the subs are either crap, or non existent

Comment

• Skeletoon
          Skeletoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Swift Atk% - Units that do damage according to Spd or bomb units.
          Focus atk% - Any unit that is an attack unit that also applies a debuff
          Despair HP% - AoE units that have a skill proportionate to HP or require HP to survive after a certain move (E.g. Water Occult girl or Dark Valkyrja)
          Fatal Atk% - Any Attack unit or bomb unit that you cannot receive a higher 59% CritRate from substats
          Endure Atk% - Support units that heal according to attack power.
          Energy CritDmg% - Units that do damage proportionate to my MAX HP and have the 59% CritRate.

You would've answered some of these yourself by reading the first post you know.

• MedalChamp
          MedalChamp commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't mean like that. For the most part that was obvious. But I scoured your guide and very few monsters are compatible with those runes I mentioned.
          For example, every unit you listed as Fatal (aside from bomb type mons) are better off with Violent or Rage/Blade. I was wondering if there were any mons in specific that would benefit from those runes. Like the example of mons you use for Despair HP%

• Skeletoon
          Skeletoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Swift Atk% - Samurai or Magical Archers
          Focus Atk% = Fire/Water Magical archer, Samurai.
          Despair - Water Occult and Dark Valkyrja
          Fatal - Every attack unit.
          Endure Atk% - Healing Faries, Water Occult, Epriests
          Energy CritDmg% - Replacement for CritDmg% if 6* or Warbears.

Happy now?

Originally posted by Skeletoon View Post
        Nemesis runes are for those units that are glass cannons and generally cannot sustain themselves in terms of HP or Defense but side towards attacking.
        Yo Skele!

You've mentioned nemesis rune is more towards for attacking? But the rune description says gaining ATB after losing HP. So doesn't it means that the more hp u lose, the faster it'll be your turn?

Furthermore for monsters with self-healing abilities like Chow / Camilia / Garoche, getting to their turn faster means healing at a faster pace... Wouldn't this complement Violent rune better compared to Revenge which only has a 15% success rate it hitting back?

I've never used Nemesis before but I'm farming it now to tryout on my AD & GD. Feels like it's a great combo with Violent runes for defense. Your opinion plz?

Comment

• Skeletoon
          Skeletoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly! The more HP you lose, the more ATB you gain. Since the main stats are Attack/Defense/HP it's safe to assume that Attack will lose HP the quickest allowing a better chance to gain another turn.
          Violent I did indeed put it there for those specific units but thanks for notifying me of it. I will include it in the first section ASAP.
          While Violent does go with....welll...any rune, Nemesis does seem to fit more with swift runes since when you ATB is full along with another enemy, whichever unit is faster will go first. Violent does work with everything else though.

• MickieMeanie
          MickieMeanie commented
          Editing a comment
          The reason why I mentioned Violent for Camillia / Chow / Garoche is cuz of their self-healing factor. They lose hp, they gain ATB & heals again + faster to proc extra turn... It's a pretty neat cycle

I wouldn't say violent combos well w runes (2 a set) like revenge, will or shield... When u counter-attack it's still not your turn & it doesn't reduce cooldown. If u proc violent ur 1st or 1st 2 turn advantage goes away...

Thks 4 e reply Skele! I'll cont farming Dragon now

• Skeletoon
          Skeletoon commented
          Editing a comment
          You could rune them nemesis but you will barely see any difference since they are usually killed off bit by bit.

This is a very useful guide. I have another question which burns under my skin.

Let's say I have some 4 star runes. How far should I upgrade these in order to be efficient and waste fewest manastones?
        Or in other words. How far should I upgrade which rune (speaking in term of the rune's stars)?

Comment

• Skeletoon
          Skeletoon commented
          Editing a comment
          My rune doesn't cover this but another guide definitely covers everything you need to know. I'll put a link to it in the first post as well as leave it here for you. [Link]

i have a water hell lady with violent and revenge runes her violent are 2 5 star att% 1 6 star att% and 5 star hp rune revenge only 4 star attack and defense would vampire with blade work out way better?

Comment

• Skeletoon
          Skeletoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Violent Revenge works with pretty much all attack units. I won't add it to her since it'll be tedious to add it to all attack units but I will make note of it in the top section

• Calm-N-Cool
          Calm-N-Cool commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks well since they are nerving violent runes would it be better to switch her to vampire?

Nice guide, though there are some very common and meta builds not included for many common arena monsters.

I'd like to suggest despair/focus on Anavel and Nicki (very common builds aside violent, more so than fatal set), as well as changing anavel's build to x2 atk and 1x hp. Her skills scale mainly off of attack, and it's key for her heal.

I would also like to suggest Despair/focus (spd/hp/acc) on Chiwu. Seems most people prefer him to stun with his aoe rather than violent, from what I've seen on Chiwu owners and myself, and have high speed to cleanse on chloe shield right after she casts.

All of the beast monks should have Despair and Violent as sets listed. Hp/CritD/Hp are also very common runes for them after the buff aside from hpx3, as they have strong potential to do massive damage due to first skill scaling off hp.

Chasun should have Violent/Energy as a set, hp/hp/hp. It is the most common build on her, and most efficient.

Many users have despair on Arnold, which is pretty good on him, standard hp/hp/hp.

Groggo (Light golem) shines with Vampire or Violent runes.
        Last edited by Kiyosumi; 03-24-2015, 09:23 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Skeletoon
          Skeletoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Can I ask why Groggo works with Vampire/Violent and what about the rune stats itself?

• Kiyosumi
          Kiyosumi commented
          Editing a comment
          Standard def/def/def

Groggo has no sustain by himself, so Vampire is great for self sustain, making it quite difficult to take him down.

People underestimate the damage he can inflict; violent runes enable him to catch them off guard, 5ks per shot adds up REALLY fast, and he can also stun a few people when he switches targets.

why did you put sky dancer under the 5 star list?

Comment

• Kiyosumi
          Kiyosumi commented
          Editing a comment
          light/dark are 5*s

• Skeletoon
          Skeletoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea I checked the light and dark ones first since it was more convenient for me. Would you like me to move it to the 4* section?

• Calm-N-Cool
          Calm-N-Cool commented
          Editing a comment
          no its fine at the 5 star section i was just a little confused at first i have been trying out your rune suggestions and its helped out a ton but i want to make my water samurai into a very serious power house i'm using swift now should i switch him to rage?
      Working...
      X