Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rework Despair Runes

Hello there,
    just to post this magnificent idea i've created an forum account!
    Idea is to completely rework despair rune set to add meaningful changes in current meta's and siege fights which would be:
    Add 22% chance to stun targets for 1 turn's which would reset cooldown of attacking monster by 1
    cumulative chance of 2.7% to stun for 2 turn's which would reset cooldown of attacking monster by 2
    and limit it at cumulative chance of 0,18% to stun for 3 turns which would reset cooldown of attacking monster by 3.

Thank you for reading, Devious!

No broken at all

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Sfinos View Post
      No broken at all
      That's the point.

Comment

As if Vio proc wasn't frustrating enough already, you want despair be much worse than them.

Comment

stun for 3 turns holy s

Comment

I know it's kinda hard to detect sarcasm in writing but honestly this post is made to think that violent runes provide too much, there is no real counter other than faster swift set to kill monsters in one turn(Edit: actually, forgot... at least my idea is counterable by will, violent set not really), same would be with these...
            nobody noticed yet that these are nearly exact stats of violent runes?
            Last edited by iDevious; 06-02-2020, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Tony Sfinos
              Tony Sfinos commented
              Editing a comment
              How are you gonna counter a Despair Triton, Chiwu etc?

• Vince16
              Vince16 commented
              Editing a comment
              The problem is Violent Runes not Despair (for me it's maybe the most balanced set)

• iDevious
              iDevious commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry, just noticed that comment Tony, you could counter them with faster swift set to kill them in one turn or vio proc, same counter as with violent runes, isn't it?
              Thats why violent runes are broken, there is no real counter and with this system of despair runes that would be nearly the same.

Originally posted by iDevious View Post
            at least my idea is counterable by will
            Originally posted by iDevious View Post
            Sorry, just noticed that comment Tony, you could counter them with faster swift set to kill them in one turn or vio proc, same counter as with violent runes, isn't it?
            Thats why violent runes are broken, there is no real counter and with this system of despair runes that would be nearly the same.
            First of all, you said your idea is counterable by will, and then you change your mind

Besides that, there are several WAYS to counter violent runes, apart from
            1. outspeeding

2. praying
            Violent runes have 22% chance to proc, that's less than 1 every 4 move
            if you can prove otherwise, feel free to bring evidence

3. Slow cleave (no speed/will/shield/tanky teams)

4. Element manipulation (outside RTA, thus 1 proc only)
            You want to counter a Perna with "unlimited" violent procs?
            Bring 2 water units and Ermeda (Xing Zhe) or Groggo = profit

5. Anti-Violent passives
            Antares, (situationally) Miho - Xing Zhe - Artamiel

Comment

My idea is counterable by will, violent isn't, thats what i had in mind.

1.Outspeeding is only viable if you can kill them in one turn which is pretty hard on siege battles with just 3 monsters.

2.Praying? that's not real counter, chance may be just 22% and don't get me wrong it would be ok if something didn't move 4 times just to strip, stun and do other crazy stuff in these turns.

3.I actually use slow cleave in arena(C3 Europe near G1), but arena isn't really a problem, i only have issue with violent runes on siege battles.

4.Element won't help much with chain procs

5.RTA isn't really an issue, violents have been fixed there.

Overall my issue is they provide too much, especially cooldown reduction, my pretty trollish idea of reworking despair would make them the same, type of rune you equip on 90% of your monster base, while i agree they(violent set) provide 'fair' game to the SW AI(which means you lose just because 100% winrate would be stupid) what should be done is rework of the whole system, instead of force farming just this one set of runes to have any chance in siege battles to counter violent with violent in endless circle of procs.

Comment

Working...
              X