Customised team tournament cheats are at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customised team tournament cheats are at it again

How sad is it that people are that concerned about winning stars that they host customised team tournaments to eliminate the competition and then use 2nd and 3rd accounts to ensure they get a game. Interlaken in 3t, no items is the latest one and surprise surprise, the manipulators are extremely good players who, once upon a time would win anything they entered, even with their eyes closed. Is the competition getting too good now?

They have done it before and will keep doing it so long as Com sit there doing nothing about it. Customised Tournament is a complete failure at what it's stated intention was (to allow players to play the courses and tees that were popular). Get rid of hosting. Possibly could put it to a vote on the selections. Unfortunately it is also being used as a tool for other rewards too (e.g. Hall of Record) that influences the selections.

Comment

• Magicmike007
      Magicmike007 commented
      Editing a comment
      Again clueless, what point does CT format come into effect for abuse with HOR. All categories stated are usually done in all formats or 1v1 match challenge.

• baknuchel
      baknuchel commented
      Editing a comment
      MagicMike those going for Birdie Breaker or Cycles will setup customised tournaments for that purpose which then leaves no slots left for others to use who are interested in setting up a fun competitive tournament. In the case of Birdie Breaker they then will only play those Customised Tournaments they (or friends) setup for that purpose for that week.

• Magicmike007
      Magicmike007 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cycles are done in all formats not just CT.
      most people complete cycles on saw in 1t or anything they have strongly mapped. Not been around much have you! Noob

Hello Golfers,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

If you see any evidence, please do feel free to submit them here.

For now, I've forwarded your reports and suggestion.

Report:

1. Abuse of Customized Tournaments
    Method: Usage of multiple accounts to benefit a single golfer
    Concerns: Continued abuse of customized tournaments for reward benefits in Hall of Record

Forwarded!

Suggestion:

1. Vote for Customized Tournament courses
    Replace hosting authority
    Forwarded!

-ZenithAngler-

Click HERE to see another topic addressing the same thing.
    Last edited by ZenithAngler; 06-01-2020, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Those customised tournaments really are becoming a manipulators paradise now. Those top guilds, top players are now doing the ultimate coordination. Rather than one or two people playing and getting all the rewards. There are now whole guilds playing, they all agree to not take a shot giving them all the same ai score of 17 over par with zero points. This clever, unfair manipulation results in 20 people getting 600 stars each for not even taking a single shot.

Comment

Wow i just seem what's going on there. 30 or more people all with 600 stars. Shame on you com2

Comment

Think it should be shame on the players who obviously discuss and agree to not play a single shot so that they all get the rewards.

Comment

Hello Golfers,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention again.

This issue has been forwarded and an extensive amount of screenshots were also sent over to alert the developers regarding the situation in Customized Tournaments.

Your feedback has been forwarded to the developers as well.

I kindly ask for your patience as to all change stake a considerable amount of time before they are fully implemented to the game.

Even though it may be difficult to see changes immediately, please know that it is under investigation.

-ZenithAngler-

Comment

how should this get fixed?

Comment

One thing which could be done is dont allow a score to be registered unless every hole is completed. Entrance rules need to be changed, it is far too difficult to get a match in single player mode, in team mode its virtually impossible as you need either 4 or 6 people to make 2 teams and then both teams have to start at the same time to get a match, hence the amount of manipulation occurring. You should be able to click start and play, if nobody else clicks start at the same time, give artificial players to play against.thats what happens in near to pin and long putting modes. You should also be allowed to withdraw from tournaments if you havent played or be allowed to see the standings before you sign up. Hopefully com2us will fix this soon, sounds like ZenithAngler has this one covered.

Comment

Hello Golfers, and thank you confusedgolfer for your suggestions!

I'll have those forwarded to the developers as well.

Suggestions:
                  1. Score doesn't register until all holes are completed.
                  2. Entrance rules need to be revised.
                  Comment: Difficult to get a match in single mode, almost impossible in team mode.
                  Comment: Should be able to play with an AI player like in near-pin and long putting tournaments
                  3. Withdrawal should be possible from tournaments if you haven't played.
                  4. Ranking should be visible before registering for a customized tournament.

Actions taken: Forwarded

-ZenithAngler-

Comment

What a load if drivel this post is.

How unfair is it to enter a game and NOT PLAY A SHOT.

I feel a confusedgolfer myself, how this is cheating.

Jobsworth!

Comment

• baknuchel
                      baknuchel commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So you are suggesting you went in to play a game and then decided you couldn't be bothered playing a single shot but happy to split the prize? Which planet do you think we are on? I think we can safely say you are one of the cheats. Only reason you would have for entering and not playing a shot otherwise is either it was daily mission (which it wasn't) or you were unfortunate and got disconnected (which you didn't mention either).

• Magicmike007
                      Magicmike007 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No. I chose to play the game, if I see the scores and everyone is sharing then I’ll not play you muppet. What’s wrong with EVERYONE GETTING A PRIZE. For you to think it’s cheating is a joke or a scam you’re an oxygen thief. Come up to dream league if you want a proper game and prizes.

• AnonymousSingle
                      AnonymousSingle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ironic that you talk about a "proper game and prizes" when you are part of the collusion that inherently results in an improper game. I urge you to go read about collusion and how it never works out. While it is the best outcome for the most number of people, it is not sustainable because someone always will have the incentive to "cheat" on whatever agreement was made to reap the benefits. Great to see that these tournaments ended with a proper player winning the gold

you mean also some of maxdaddys?

Comment

• Magicmike007
                      Magicmike007 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      How are people scamming for not playing a shot.. you really are that thick in the head. Now if a player was to hack the game or play a glitch to get Hio’s etc like in the past then that’s cheating the opponent. But not playing isn’t!
                      Just enter the game and play your own stupid! Good luck on the future stars.

• baknuchel
                      baknuchel commented
                      Editing a comment
                      MagicMike your argument here is like an athlete who says they did not cheat using steroids out of competition because they didn't take them on the day of competition and they didn't take a shortcut across the infield to win. When you get stars like this you are cheating every other player not involved. When we then come up against such a cheater who has got a great watch from those stars or a Perfect Shot 300% combo or a Power+1 shot then is that fair. You are not just cheating Com, you are cheating every player you play in competition.

• Magicmike007
                      Magicmike007 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It ain’t my argument. It’s a drivel post in my opinion. By the way you don’t need stars for perfect zone. Only got 200 anyway and that’s from GP. A nice watch way before started entering CT.
                      Jealousy and miserable. No other polite words to describe you. Crack on though this is my last. See you on the greens for a whopping.

Are all maxdaddys missionaries or world savers? totally unselfish they jump into the game to prevent the unfair and also get stars. do they actually give them back?

Comment

• baknuchel
                      baknuchel commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Didn't jump in at the last moment leaving no time to respond mb78 as you would need to do to skim the stars. They had the option to take 600 stars each by joining the scam but chose to play instead.

Not cheating as such, but a bit of a loophole. What IS really f****** sad however is that those who, god-forbid, actually sign up to one of these tournaments to play it properly, then receive abusive in game mail for doing so. How pathetic. All because they have been “robbed” of some stars. And no, it wasn’t me for info, but I know someone who did and I’ve seen the message they received. Telling people to “stick to the rules, or don’t join the tournament....”! Who the f*** do they think they are?

Comment

• PSUbowler
                      PSUbowler commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Alright, I say this respectfully because I'm not looking to start BS over this, but please, ain't no one playing Safari 5T no skills no item "to play it properly". These are BS tourneys that someone made and some of us are trying to take advantage and get some free stars from Com. So anyone in here saying other players are getting "scammed" or this is "cheating" are just talking nonsense.

I won't defend angry PMs or whatever but what the hell is the harm here? These CTs are a joke to begin with. You can never get one started unless you are stalking them and get lucky to start one the second another ends so it's not like there was a bunch of legit tourneys out there that are now taken away from you.

There's a simple loophole here but some people are just born miserable, it seems, and are now intent on taking free stars away from folks rather than just join in and get some stars themselves for a change.

But hey, that's just me.

• RicBernard
                      RicBernard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah...that’s just you.

• AnonymousSingle
                      AnonymousSingle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You all need to go study collusion and why it doesn’t work. This is a perfect example

Yep, I can go with the majority of that. I’m not saying it goes as far as cheating, a loophole, like I said. And in all honesty, the fact people are exploiting it doesn’t really bother or affect me, so each to their own really. It’s the Abusive mail I saw that was crossed the line. There’s no need at all. You shouldn’t be abusing people for NOT wanting to exploit a loophole just because they and all their friends / guild mates are. There are too many douches in this game with no morals already. You just join that category and embarrass yourself by conducting yourself like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X