General Peng stuff mid range

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Peng stuff mid range

I'm lvl 71 and I want to remove my shitty rebecca to have General Peng as damage dealer, but mid range = I can't activate his op evasion traits because I don't have 3 lvl 6 gems.
    But I don't know if I play full atk/acc like fermata to up the DOT or spd/eva to tank
    I have Adonis to have a good synergy in PvP that I can stuff spd/eva too

What do you mean by 'mid range'?

Players that use General Peng typically focus on Critical Strike Chance, Evasion, and Attack/Defense/HP (varies), which makes him incredibly tanky and scary in PvP. Nothing can go more wrong than when your multi-striker goes in for the kill, fails, and gets revenge-countered to death. Peng has an obscene health pool for a DPS-class hero thanks to his Convulsed Evolution trait. Having some Accuracy helps, but is not required. With how prevalent DoT prevention and cleansing is in PvP, you won't find many opportunities to use his South Pole ability. He does not need Speed to perform well.

Comment

I use Adonis for PVP, I use Peng for b5 so I need high DOT, I'll change his build for PVP style when I'll drop a decent blue monster that can help me for b5
      So Peng need absolutely his Foresight trait to have some damage because you can't apply your dot as you said, your damage come from counterattack then ?
      Last edited by xTazzi; 10-06-2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

So, you mean to say that you're an intermediate-level player by 'mid range'? I see.

General Peng absolutely needs Foresight activated, especially if you have already awakened him. The majority of Peng's damage (when traited) comes from counterattacking when built with high amounts of Evasion. But since you're using him for B5 at the moment (since you have nothing better), feel free to build him in any way that makes your runs faster. Don't worry too much about activating Foresight if you can't afford to do so. Try getting his Convulsed Evolution and Ice Armor traits going until you can make a transition into a more traditionally-built Peng.
        Last edited by Demichaos; 10-07-2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I will just need a free unequipment event when I will have a better water monster to beat b5 faster.
          But his foresight trait require lvl 6 gems, I'll have some problem to activate that trait
          Have a difference in term of gain between b5 mine and b4 mine? Because you can't drop "legendary chest" like fortress

Comment

And why you take crit rate on Peng ?

Comment

You should really just inspect the General
              Pengs that the top 50 arena players use, or better yet, try fighting a team that has one built. You'll get a far better understanding on how certain units work after you see them a few times.

Critical Strike Chance - Makes those counters hit hard, and is the best way of increasing damage output in PvP. I mean, what else are you going to use diamond sockets on? Speed? You don't really have a choice.

Evasion - In order to trigger a counterattack through Foresight, your opponent must miss their attack. Obviously, Peng will need high evasion for this reason alone. Evasion also makes him more durable to attacks, since missed attacks cause half damage. This also reduces the chance that debuffs are applied to Peng.

Health & Defense - While Evasion can make Peng quite durable, sometimes it's just not enough. Some players will make Peng even more bulky by increasing both health and defense.

Attack - The main reason why some players build high attack is because it makes Peng a hard counter to Isutar, whose Accurate Stab ability strikes the hero with the highest attack value 2-5 times. If Peng is bulky enough, he will survive the attack and proceed to counter Isutar into a bloody pulp, especially since he holds the type advantage.

Comment

Hm ok, I look top 10 arena build everytime but they haven't the same build sometime.
                For example on Adonis (I have Adonis), some guys take full SPD when other take acc/SPD
                Same for Forest Dragon that I have, I think this leg is the worst I have a spd eva build, but Ental make all better than forest dragon for example
                Last edited by xTazzi; 10-09-2016, 01:23 AM.

Comment

I just looked at the first eight (and properly geared) level 40 General Pengs on the top 20, and here were the stats.

Code:
                  #   Build           Stat Priority                Gem Sockets                        Traits
                  1   Isutar Counter  Attack, Health, Evasion      Critical, Penetration, HP/ATK mix  All
                  2   HP Bulk         Health, Evasion, Critical    Critical, Penetration              No Ice Armor
                  3   Balanced        Critical, Evasion, Accuracy  Critical, Penetration              No Ice Armor
                  4   Defense Bulk    Defense, Evasion, Critical   Critical, Penetration, HP/DEF mix  All
                  5   Isutar Counter  Attack, Evasion, Critical    Critical, Penetration              No Ice Armor
                  6   Crit. Damage    Critical, Evasion, C.Damage  Critical, Penetration              No Ice Armor
                  7   HP Bulk         Health, Evasion, Critical    Critical, Penetration              No Ice Armor
                  8   HP Bulk         Health, Evasion, Critical    Critical, Penetration, HP          All
                  The two things that the majority of Pengs have in common are high Evasion and Critical Strike Chance. I also forgot to mention that they also tend to get Penetration when the gear allows it. Variance mostly appears in Health, Attack, and Defense, since not every Peng fulfills the same task. You need to remember that the players who have these Pengs built them to suit their needs, so of course you're going to see a few differences between all of them.

Comment

How you can see gem sockets because you can't see the stuff when you visit a player, only stats.

Comment

Tap the traits. You won't see everything, but it's enough to get a general idea on how certain heroes are gemmed. I found 3 random General Pengs for the sake of this example.

Comment

Why this guys took atk on red gems, hp is better with weapon's trait x)
                        Thank for the tip man

Comment

Dude... you really need to read my previous posts.

Originally posted by Demichaos View Post
                          Players that use General Peng typically focus on Critical Strike Chance, Evasion, and Attack/Defense/HP (varies), which makes him incredibly tanky and scary in PvP. Nothing can go more wrong than when your multi-striker goes in for the kill, fails, and gets revenge-countered to death.
                          Attack - The main reason why some players build high attack is because it makes Peng a hard counter to Isutar, whose Accurate Stab ability strikes the hero with the highest attack value 2-5 times. If Peng is bulky enough, he will survive the attack and proceed to counter Isutar into a bloody pulp, especially since he holds the type advantage.
                          Code:
                          #   Build           Stat Priority                Gem Sockets                        Traits
                          1   Isutar Counter  Attack, Health, Evasion      Critical, Penetration, HP/ATK mix  All
                          2   ---
                          3   ---
                          4   ---
                          5   Isutar Counter  Attack, Evasion, Critical   Critical, Penetration               No Ice Armor
                          6   ---
                          7   ---
                          8   ---
                          Variance mostly appears in Health, Attack, and Defense, since not every Peng fulfills the same task. You need to remember that the players who have these Pengs built them to suit their needs, so of course you're going to see a few differences between all of them.
                          Who is Isutar? She's pretty popular in PvP. You know... she kind of has this thing where she can snipe your strongest attacker right off the bat. Ever seen one before?

Comment

Yes, I know that is to counter Isutar, but Peng is the only one who can do that(counter Isutar)? Because Peng scale like god with HP so it's sad to stack ATK with him x)

And how you can have that amount of crystals ? I always need crystals to buy energy, if you have some farming tips I'll be happy to know them
                            Last edited by xTazzi; 10-10-2016, 09:09 AM.

Comment

General Peng is the only hero that can easily survive against an Isutar and revenge-kill her immediately. By the way, Peng's Convulsed Evolution doesn't increase the amount of health that he gets out of Health gems. They're going to provide him with the same amount of Health whether you choose to activate it or not.

EDIT: I'll just PM you tomorrow. Going to go off-topic if I just explain my crystal stock here.
                              Last edited by Demichaos; 10-10-2016, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X