Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Buff] Balance Patches

Alright it's your boi talking about balancing patches again

Since RTA is a thing now and devs wanna do less balance patches (bad move IMO) I wanna give my 2 cents about this situation and offer a quick solution to our problems...

So, after the end of every RTA season we should get a huge balance patch where we get major reworks and stuff like that. Basically every game changer buff is released with the end of the RTA season.
    This way players can adapt, switch runes and use goodwill tournaments to test new comps.

And now the part that our sweet devs don't like...
    Before every FRR we should get a small balancing patch concerning damage of the skills, cooldowns, bug fixes (skill wise) and all other less relevant stuff that usually pop during the actual patches we have.

What I expect from this idea is to:
    a) Give us a schedule for balancing patches, making players more prepared (for example, mana wise);
    b) Keep the patches constantly popping, showing that devs are actually interested and wanna do something about the balance of the game overall;
    c) Don't shift the meta in such a hard way mid season.

Another idea is to create a sort of poll regarding which units the community thinks that are performing above what's expected and bellow.
    The issue here is the usual "buff my X unit, nerf his Y unit" so suggestions about a somewhat reliable process to do this kind of poll (or whatever you think is better) are welcome!

I agree with having a HUGE balance patch after RTA season ends, and having minor balance patches(Cooltimes, Harmful Effect Rates, Skillups, Buff/Debuff Duration, Damage) before FRR. Would make things MUCH nicer. You should post this on reddit :3

Com2uS_Evan
    check this out

Comment

• Swazky
      Swazky commented
      Editing a comment
      Posted on reddit already! Thanks for the suggestion

+1 but rly? Everyone was silent and then 1 person writes about balancing patches and it explodes ...sheep effect

Comment

• Swazky
      Swazky commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't checked the forums much lately. Just a few topics here and there, so I haven't seen anything about balancing patches anywhere else.

In fact, I logged just to write this post xD

Thank you for the very detailed suggestion, Swazky! And thank you for tagging me, OccultBoy21! This is a very well thought out way to address balancing patches. Personally speaking, I'd like to see them more often. Right now the gap between them is a liiiittle too long. Especially with the World Arena being such a huge facet of the game now. I'll forward this to the right people! C:

Comment

• Swazky
      Swazky commented
      Editing a comment
      Yasuo01 that's why I recommended monthly patches to fix minor things and at the end of the rta season, all the big flaws are fixed.
      Yeah Riot and for example Hi-Rez have beta servers but it's a different game format. You can't expect a beta server for us in a grinding game. It's not practical

• Yasuo01
      Yasuo01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Excuse me, but I was a platinum , servers beta had the same conditions only test the skills or items, on the RTA if i remember correctly it was nothing . . . Remain the same obsolete mode for a competition type E-Sport

• Swazky
      Swazky commented
      Editing a comment
      Yasuo01 you don't understand what I I mean.

This game has nothing to do with LoL where you have champions and level them up every game. Here you have to summon them randomly!

I 100% agree with you! It would be very nice ! Really well explained, nice job man!

+ 1 and 1 like from me!

Bump this!

Comment

• Swazky
      Swazky commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the support!

Bump for visibility

Comment

Great, I was about to post something about balance patches and came in but saw your post.
      The only way to keep the game interesting is making balance patches, so not used monsters get a chance to get skilled up and used.

Comment

• Swazky
        Swazky commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed! But since the devs don't wanna buff units frequently I thought about this way to do frequent buffs without breaking the meta too suddenly

+1 Scheduled and poll based balancing patches ... I love the sound of that.

Comment

+1 schedule

Comment

I disagree with polls as well. Take into account what people say, but no more than that.

Comment

• Swazky
            Swazky commented
            Editing a comment
            Well they don't take it into account now. that's why I suggested this even not being the best solution

• Yasuo01
            Yasuo01 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't worry , will not deploy . com2us would cost a lot of money is what players are looking for. Don't worry

+1 balance patch

Comment

About the feedback for buffs what anyone has any idea?

Comment

Don't think a poll type thing is gonna be healthy for the game. people are just gonna ask for buffs for nat5s that they own. The poll would just show us which nat5 is most common. What if we left this decision up to the devs, but with every patch, the devs give a summary on how they chose those monsters and why they are buffed.

Comment

• Swazky
                Swazky commented
                Editing a comment
                That would do it for me!
                The only issue is that most of the buffs are stuff that nobody knows why they happened.
                For example: The first laika buff which did nothing for him, the Poseidon buff which was never asked, the buff to units like Brandia that never comes,...

I want to at least get an explanation

• delaynomore
                delaynomore commented
                Editing a comment
                Poseidon's buff was quite reasonable. Just compare the Poseidon before buff with Verad, 2nd and 3rd skill. Then you will understand why.

Something like this would tremendously help keep the game fresh. There are many underwhelming monsters in this game, especially the LND nat 4's with very odd skills. We all know which monsters aren't that good anymore, because of the neglect they get. Simple adjustments like the buff to Iris, and the cool ability the succubus share now. That's what keeps players interested and focused on playing the game. I even re-runed my 6* max leveled Akia (fire succubus), and it was very fun. Com2us knows which monsters people keep in storage the most, and which monsters are used mostly. Patches that make those storage monsters come out, so to speak. :-)

Comment

+1 balance patch are always fun and welcome, anything to break the same meta/game state

Comment

Working...
                X