Another buff to account security

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another buff to account security

Its been quite a while since the last buff to account security as well as since my old thread regarding that basic buff (and tyvm for making that buff)
    https://forum.com2us.com/forum/main-...2-acc-security

and it looks like hacked accounts issues have rised again
    so i want to ask for an additional buff to account security (hopefully additional buffs will not be needed) - the idea is hardly mine and was suggested several times before but i intend to keep this thread alive

The idea:
    Double step authentication
    when attempting to enter your account/game from a different device you will be notified about it via email (or sms or authentication app - i just think email will be the easiest for com2us to implement)

the email will be in a similar format to the current email used for 'forgot password'

The process of authentication:
    1) someone (either you or a hacker) uses the hive id+password to login into the account from a different device than usual (or through FB/g+)

2) you receive an email that someone is trying to access your account from a different device

3) the email will ask you to confirm that it is you who made the entrance from this foreign device - without confirmation there will be no option to enter the account from the foreign device

4) only once confirmed you will receive a password made of letters and symbols that is required to open the game on that foreign device.

This process will be needed only once for each new device used to enter the account after it was confirmed. If the foreign attempt to enter the account was not confirmed - this process will happen every time someone tries to enter the account from that device.

This proccess will only happen if the account is connected to an email address (or phone number/authentication app - depends on the choice that was chosen)

TL ; DR

Pls implement a double step authentication which will be required in order to enter the account from a foreign device
    The authentication is needed only once for each device once its confirmed

p.s.
    Pls dont do the one month where it asks the players to attach their email address to their accounts to increase the security of the account again
    u basicaly alerts hackers that a security update is about to happen (the result last time was that a lot of hacks happened before that month started)
    just make the big security update and after that notify it happened and ask players to connect their hive account to an email address

any feedback will be appreciated as well as support ofc
    Last edited by Kalionys; 02-23-2017, 07:45 AM. Reason: Typo in p.s.

+100. Please add more security measure. I do not want to lose all my progress (over 2 years of gameplay) just because some hacker decided to hack and delete my progress or steal my account.

Comment

+1 played the game from when it was released, almost 3 years, would hate to loose account due to security issues

Comment

Buff the account security and fix the hive website. I can't access my personal options there, therefore I can't change my password, mail, etc

Comment

• Kalionys
          Kalionys commented
          Editing a comment
          They changed it that way so u cant change your profile information from a computer (maybe to make it harder for hackers)

U have to make the changes from a tablet/phone

From a computer u pretty much can only send an inquiry to com2us

• Mannorath
          Mannorath commented
          Editing a comment
          Uhm... actually u can access ur profile via the mobile website (m.*)
          I know it might not be intended but it is a workaround

• Swazky
          Swazky commented
          Editing a comment
          Mannorath and Kalionys I already tried that a few weeks ago and didn't work back in the day :/ I'll try it again ASAP

+1 anything
        any kind of security buff is good

Comment

+1
          Anything that could prevent people getting their accounts stolen. It won't help me get mine back, but it may prevent someone else from going through this.

Comment

+1 over and over and over.. this is absolutely required, given the cost of IAP's in this game, and the horrible return rate of hacked accounts...

Comment

+1

Anything but, for gods sake, increase the account security to a decent level.

Comment

+1 absolutely 100% agree to buff the security level!!!

i rly do not wish or be scared of the hackers issue again & again.. and it's all happening too fast like every week people got hacked and trying v hard to get back their rightful account.
                this concern and scare the hell out of me, just hope it can be resolved soon so many will be more comfortable with it xD

Comment

Thank you so much for this, Kalionys. We definitely understand the situation, and we will try to bring this up to the right people. Unfortunately, I can't make any promises on the implementation.

Comment

• Kalionys
                    Kalionys commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thx for the help!
                    i will do my best to keep the thread alive to get as much support as possible on the forum (if its any help as well to get more notice from the devs)
                    like i did for my previous thread (that seemed to have brought a security upgrade)

• oseriduun
                    oseriduun commented
                    Editing a comment
                    the need for higher security is an absolute must.. this shouldn't even be a consideration, it should just be done. and dont let people change an email address without sending a confirmation to the original email address before accepting the change... right now there's not even a notice when someone changes your email address on you...

• oseriduun
                    oseriduun commented
                    Editing a comment
                    the need for higher security is an absolute must.. this shouldn't even be a consideration, it should just be done. and dont let people change an email address without sending a confirmation to the original email address before accepting the change... right now there's not even a notice when someone changes your email address on you...

I am not going to bump this post. Just posting to let you know I am not bumping this post.

Comment

• Kalionys
                    Kalionys commented
                    Editing a comment
                    dont worry
                    i'll keep this post alive

Bump 2 top

Comment

Hi Kalionys, I will also help out too to bump this thread as I rly think it is the most important issue to handle with care atm and shld also emphasized the most on it until comus carry or implement it.

great thanks & grateful to you for coming out with this thread to increase the security level of the game xD

First bump!!!

Comment

• Kalionys
                      Kalionys commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thx for the help!
                      Hopefully our efforts will rly bring a security update that will solve most hack issues once and for all

• ILoveSW89
                      ILoveSW89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Kalionys, np you are most welcome xD I rly like your ideas cuz they are great and you will have my support for it! I believe others will show support too cuz of the hacking issue can affect everyone or anyone in game.

And yea sure hope so tat comus will be able to do smt to stop the fearsome, horrible & irritating hackers ONCE & FOR ALL!!! ^^

bumpity bump bump, bumpity bump bump.

keeping this on the front page... because its required.

Comment

• Kalionys
                      Kalionys commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thx for the help!

+1

Taking buff request to the next level ay...... totally needed and i like the creativity in this.

Comment

• Kalionys
                      Kalionys commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Its not my idea and it was suggested before
                      I just organized it and explained it in this thread + i intend to keep this thread alive on first page of suggestions
                      Thx for the support!
                  Working...
                  X