what would make rta more fun for you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *NotChow* View Post
    i feel rta get a bad rep, possibly due to people are so condition to winning 95%+ of their matches that 50% average win rate of rta seems insulting.

many claims that its too "time consuming" but isnt that what video games are for? to have our undivided attention for hours on end for nothing but pure enjoyment?

either way, im true curious as to what change could be made so that rta is more enjoyable for you?

so what about you? what would make rta more fun for you?
    I don.t remember exactly when i did last time rta , first season maybe second.... but seeing your post i say to myself "let's see if something change since last time and if i feel a please play me call". Some time i don.t do rta (use it only for arena deff test with my friends) so , naturaly i start from very very low... first enemy i choose , he choose , match start , i didn.t even move , match ends.... Ok , ****s happens , i don.t know to play rta so i insist all the rest of the matches ... maybe i learn something new. First 10 was placement i lost 10 to 10 , my mobs make it to move only 2 times in match n°7. Smashed.
    I decided to try so i continue ... challenger rank ... in the end i win only 1 match today ... something go very wrong with my 50% average. Tomorow i will try again another 30 atacks but i don.t think i'll see nothing new since matchmaking put me , a chalenger 2 rank vs fighter3 and champion 2 rank enemy. Did the rta base players is so low that match making is doing so big rank level diferences or is the system made like this ?
    What improovement someone can ask ? I don.t feel capable to ask any improovement atm....

Comment

If the character balance was better. The meta is really shallow as a result of poor balancing, which is why it feels so stale too many people. There's too big a difference between the top 5 and the 20th best mon, and too big a difference between 20th and 50th. There should always be stronger and weaker mons, but having the gap closer will open up people's options a lot more.

Also the rewards are pretty terrible for the one game mode you actually have to put conscious effort in. The reasoning "they can't put better rewards because players don't want to be forced to do rta" is the biggest bs I've ever heard. People are free to do what they want, I don't think I've seen a single person who actually enjoys doing toa. If they don't want to do it they don't have to, but for the people who put in so much time, actual rewards should exist.

Comment

• SithCats
        SithCats commented
        Editing a comment
        They ARE taking care of their player base. The majority do not play RTA. Those of you who do play it a lot are a pretty small minority, and your high-and-mighty "I'm better than players who don't like this mode" attitude is not founded in reality.

This game probably wouldn't die if they made RTA a mode that people can't easily ignore, but it would damn sure shrink the player base and tank their profits.

• immatx
        immatx commented
        Editing a comment
        SithCats The majority of players don't play arena, yet the arena rewards are HUGE. Btw I don't play rta.

All modes players can easily ignore. Aside from rta this is a pve game, people can do what they want.

• SithCats
        SithCats commented
        Editing a comment
        A whole lot more people play Arena than RTA.

I actually enjoy RTA.
      In my opinion, it is the end-goal of this game and the funniest part of it. I personnally don't see any fun in pressing the replay button hundred of times per day.
      But, you need to be able to deal with a 50% win ratio when you can easily achieve 95% win ratio in other part of the game. Losing is the only way to improve and to see what is wrong with either your runes or your comp. You come back each season better prepared.

I think we should keep the pick and ban system as is. It brings more strategy to RTA and gives more possibility to counter specific teams. It clearly is not pleasant to see the competitor picking the unit having your best runes, but you need to deal with it and know beforehand how you should react if this happens. This is how you recognize a good RTA player.

Regarding the rewards, I agree they should slightly improve their quality. It's true RTA involves more effort than other parts of the game and it should be better rewarded. I don't think players disliking rta at the moment would feel forced to participate in case of better rewards.

I also agree on the fact we see pretty much the same 10-15 meta units every battle. And not being able to pick those specific units because the opponent picked them first can be frustrating. A better balance is needed but I know it can be tough to manage. I am used to play goodwill matches with friends by using only unruned units and maximum 4* native for example (Only arena flags level can make a difference between players in this case). I can confirm it's a lot of fun simply because you actually can play with all the units in your storage you would never use otherwise. The diversity of units is an advantage in this game, but it's a shame only a bunch of them are actually used.
      I would love seeing an in-game tournament implemented. I already suggested this in a former post (https://forum.com2us.com/forum/main-...ion-tournament).

Comment

The match take forever, the reward is Sh*t. The only reason why you find RTA is fun, you can bully other players that are weaker than you.

Comment

• Sumatoman
          Sumatoman commented
          Editing a comment
          I am not talking about you only. #Don'tBeSoSelfCentered

• *NotChow*
          *NotChow* commented
          Editing a comment
          "The only reason why you find RTA is fun, you can bully other players that are weaker than you."

clearly directing towards me since this is MY thread. #dontbdumb

• bobberfuzz
          bobberfuzz commented
          Editing a comment
          This thread belongs to Chow and no one else. EVERYONE OUT.

i like rta just sometimes Diana love to make me wanna throw my phone

Comment

- i am not good at it
          - rewards, i prioritaze diffrent content in the game so i cannot commit my best runes to specyfic RTA comp
          - meta, there is thin bunch of monsters that people use in RTA. You have it you pick it, it's get boring

PS: violent and pick ban phase are things that make RTA interesting. Without it we would have arena mode with the best swift set.

Comment

• immatx
            immatx commented
            Editing a comment
            *NotChow* So? Sounds like you're just whining because you suck at strategy.

• *NotChow*
            *NotChow* commented
            Editing a comment
            whining about what exactly? i do just fine in pvp. whats your excuse for being trash?

secondly youre literally saying fighting at a disadvantage is ok? well then, why were op mons nerf? since it just seems like anyone without op mons are just " whining because they suck at strategy" right? your logic not mine...

edit: immatx you keep spewing your bs balance as if you know anything, but then say that its ok for 1 player to be at a disadvantage while the other has the upper hand by getting first turn pick. soooooooo balance right? lol

• Playmate
            Playmate commented
            Editing a comment
            In my eyes the whole RTA is unfair and whatever we do it still will be.
            Nerfs or buffs for monsters are probably the easiest way to balance it a bit by C2S.
            About the dupes i understand your point but i am still in "this is part of strategy comp".

Originally posted by immatx View Post
          If the character balance was better. The meta is really shallow as a result of poor balancing, which is why it feels so stale too many people. There's too big a difference between the top 5 and the 20th best mon, and too big a difference between 20th and 50th. There should always be stronger and weaker mons, but having the gap closer will open up people's options a lot more.
          Personally, im doing RTA very rarely - mostly when im very close with transmog stones. The only way, how im getting those its farming (last two weeks, believe it or not i got 60 of those just from farming. I have no f** clue what the hell, but it happened) and when im around 85, im going to RTA just to suffer. The reason why im not doing RTA is AFK and farmers. I dont really like to go to the fight and see, that the guy that im fighting its from c3-g3. Its insta lose and its happening just too much. Keeping 50% win ratio, atleast around its perfectly fine, but when your lost games are mostly about that you are fighting against some guy much more above you and he is lower only because c2s allows that kinda sucks.

Second reason is rewards from RTA. I dont really care about wings and auras, this is the last thing that i want to farm/grind in the game. Skins much be interesting, but lack of interesting skins in RTA (my opionion) its not making me want to go there. If I would farm there weekly or every two weeks for devilmoon? I could go for that. But scrolls? Nah, im getting that stricte from farming. Em... WHat else is there? Nothing.

I dont know how c2s could fix the problem with afkers, really dont. Creating leauge with ranks? What will stop you from dropping after the placements? Or just f** up your placements to go to c2 around and be there?

Comment

I think it would be cool if there was a “draft” mode (think magic the gathering) where both players get presented with different pre-set mons. Perhaps “weaker” mons could be given better preset runes, etc.

a lot of rta is “whoever has the better runes + mons” but it would be cool to have a mode where anyone could participate and get to randomly pick from a pool of mons that maybe you wouldn’t get to use otherwise or don’t have.
            Then It would come down to “be better player/straightest” with a side of rng. While also giving the opportunity to try out new strategies.

Comment

Working...
            X