what would make rta more fun for you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would make rta more fun for you?

i feel rta get a bad rep, possibly due to people are so condition to winning 95%+ of their matches that 50% average win rate of rta seems insulting.

many claims that its too "time consuming" but isnt that what video games are for? to have our undivided attention for hours on end for nothing but pure enjoyment?

either way, im true curious as to what change could be made so that rta is more enjoyable for you?

personally for me, i feel that not being able to use MY mons just because my oponent picked them first, really screw with things. i built teams and place my best runes on them and its suddenly "nope cant use it" i can understand why no dupe are allow on the SAME team but i dont get why i cant pick the same mon they did. i mean after all it is about strats and runes right? maybe my strats with that mon and runes with that mon is stronger than his. i would like to know by being able to pick it.

so what about you? what would make rta more fun for you?

I'm not big into PvP, so RTA will never be something I care about. There is a sub-set of players who play for the collection of mons and the social aspect of guilds.

Comment

If I was better at it......

Comment

• pokemango
        pokemango commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 for honesty.

Usually what is ruining RTA for me is are the other players. Farmer and AFK.

Not a big fan of violent runes either. I don't like that kind of rng. you can come in with a well prepared, well runed team and end up loosing because of ONE violent proc. Not fun when you loose, fine when you win, but overall I would rather not have that rng factor.

The "meta" also annoys me. People are watching streamers and all they play are the exact same teams. Very boring to fight the same team 5 or 10 times in a row.

Finally, the poorly balanced monsters that create a meta game.

I truly enjoyed watching YDCB premium pack RTA. I thought it was refreshing and fun. Something like that would be cool imo. It would never happen because well... that does not bring money to c2u.

Another thing that I would like to see is shorter season of RTA with the season starting the day after FRR and the top 20 RTA monsters of the past season unavailable (or maybe like 20 random out of the top 30). This way, no meta game unless you are willing to re-rune outside of FRR and you never know what to expect.
      Last edited by Gorben; 04-23-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I haven't touched RTA since it was in beta, but here are the things I didn't like about it:

1. Ban picks. No one should decide what monsters I use but me.
        2. Not being able to use any of the same monsters. Again, I want total control of what monsters I bring to the fight.
        3. The whole process takes WAY too long. I'd like to see the turn timers cut in half.

Comment

How bout putting 3 turn cooldown for violent runes cuz its just BS when enemy violent every turn.

Comment

• pokemango
            pokemango commented
            Editing a comment
            THIS! Except I think Vio shouldn't be able to proc turn 1. Then put it on a 2 to 7 turn cool down. The next proc timer should display on the monster for both players. This allows for target selection / strategy.

This is probably the answer of a five years-old, but it's simply because I want to always win.

In normal Arena I can always guarantee that and in GW/Siege I can mostly guarantee that (unless I feel 'creative' and screw around). Though I'm probably at c2-c3 level but I can easily win vs. even G3 due to the nature of AI. I work full-time and winning is a petty form of relief; definitely won't need the stress of overthinking and vio-procing from RTA to ruin my night.

Comment

• *NotChow*
            *NotChow* commented
            Editing a comment
            at least youre honest! +1 for that

Im not sure its the 50% win rate that pushes me away from rta
          there r pve games where your win rate isnt 90% in specific parts of the game (or the entire game) and a challenge is nice

could be just my lack of skill in pvp
          but i also think the way it is paced (+connection issues + players that drag their timer on purpose) makes it feel like a lot of time for 1 match (even if it ends quickly) and simply not worth it considering i may never even reach c1 (or just barely reach it)
          seems like a lot of trouble for a small decoration to one of my monsters (i dont want to see crystal rewards or something similar that affects the game added to the rewards in rta though)

As is.... i prefer to farm rta for transmog stones.... but even that is kinda annoying

Comment

• *NotChow*
            *NotChow* commented
            Editing a comment
            i can see the lack of rewards in undesirable butc2u hands are ties as if the rewards were better, people will feel forced to do what they hate and that can be major backlash for c2u

• Kalionys
            Kalionys commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree that their hands r tied rewards wise

I wasnt trying to complain about the rewards - just that rta has its own 'pace' that u never encountered in the game before it was introduced
            And this pace is kinda annoying (at least for me)
            once u add to that occasional annoying rng (despair vio rev... take your pick) + the 50% win rate it feels somewhat of a chore for the rewards (which r technically fair)

Since rewards probably shouldnt change.... maybe adding +1 rta glory points for when u lose would help alleviate ppl's '50% win rate issue'
            As is u only get rewards for wins and when u get absolutely nothing after a stressing fight.... its kinda depressing

It might also bring ppl that would come and farm points daily with just insta losing - so it would lower the requirements for conq/guardian (not sure if allowing farming like that is such a good idea... but its the best i can come up with to bring more ppl to rta)

Changing the selection characters thumbail on vs screen could make we lost no time. How?

RTA has tons of farmers. I'm f3/c1 on RTA, but always find some c3/g1 farming in low levels. I can realize that only after the battle started when I can see the auras.

If the thumbails were different when the summon has aura, I could give up and go next fight istead I have all the strategy to build my team, wait the battle start and realize that I will have no chance.

Or in a perfect world, istead of thumbail on vs screen, the system could show the real summons chosen by player. That will be awesome.

Something like that:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Captura 460.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.0 KB ID:	1855729
          Last edited by 3r3dom; 04-24-2019, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• er0L
            er0L commented
            Editing a comment
            3r3dom

from which game is this screenshot? Looks neat

• 3r3dom
            3r3dom commented
            Editing a comment
            Valkyrie profile for PSONE.

Simply awesome game.

winning and losing are a part of the game, especially in pvp, that i can deal with.....................what we have to deal with in rta, is not legit pvp, and it is NOT all c2u/sw fault, i blame the players( afk and bully farmers mostly)

imo.....we have plenty of farming spots in game, we need some legit pvp, then i can go back to blaming my own lack of skill for losing, lol

Comment

It's the premise that is flawed and it should never have been implemented into SW. I understand a lot of people like it, but it's not what SW was about and it ushered in a completely new style of gameplay of actual player versus player combat that did not exist before. Player set defenses with AI combat wasn't direct pvp and it was a large part of the draw of the game.

So with that in mind, there is nothing that can make it more fun. You either like PvP or you don't. in SW it goes farther than that, because of it's late addition there is also a lot of resentment that it was even added in. Which adds to those players desire to avoid it.

Like or it hate it, it exists now. I don't think you could add anything to draw in someone who isn't already doing RTA to get them there. Unless progression was tied to it, and that would be a major mistake. That was the one thing they did right with RTA, it can be completely skipped without punishing progression.

Comment

Originally posted by *NotChow* View Post
              personally for me, i feel that not being able to use MY mons just because my oponent picked them first, really screw with things. i built teams and place my best runes on them and its suddenly "nope cant use it" i can understand why no dupe are allow on the SAME team but i dont get why i cant pick the same mon they did. i mean after all it is about strats and runes right? maybe my strats with that mon and runes with that mon is stronger than his. i would like to know by being able to pick it.
              That's pretty much the only thing I may have to agree with you about, thus far.

Though my main thing actually is the time involved. A lot of people play this because it can play itself most of the time. RTA is something you cannot, really. Then you have the connection issues, people who are very slow to think and those who maliciously let the clock run down to the last second.

Comment

The elimination of the "augment atk, destroy HP" mechanic.
                If a mechanic would be really needed to keep fight shorter, just improving the dmg regardless the source would be plenty

Not being able to use my bruiser 'cause the mechanic make them weaker, ruin all the fun 4 me

Comment

• SithCats
                  SithCats commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I forgot to mention this in my post, but I agree. Tank comps are just as valid as any other strategy, so why are they penalized by the rules of the match?

I think RTA is fine. It has around 250k players in total. You like it, you play. You don't like it, you don't have to play.
                In fact, I love the ban and counter pick aspect. It introduces a ton of strategy element as you can't just use a pre-set team to cleave.

If anything, I wish the number of wings was reduced to 15 to 20. Then implement a tournament mode like Clash Royale, where you can pay crystals to join tournaments, and the winner earns a portion of the prize pool.

Lastly, change violent runes to reduce RNG. Vio shouldn't be able to proc turn 1. Then put it on a 2 to 7 turn cool down. The next proc timer should display on the monster for both players. This allows for target selection / strategy.

Comment

• *NotChow*
                  *NotChow* commented
                  Editing a comment
                  so you want to change vio, but want to leave your precious arty on despair to abuse and make matches easier for you with mons not being able to vio out of your despair?

NEXT!

• bobberfuzz
                  bobberfuzz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  *NotChow* they can't stun you if they're dead.

Isn't that the standard answer?

Originally posted by *NotChow* View Post
                many claims that its too "time consuming" but isnt that what video games are for? to have our undivided attention for hours on end for nothing but pure enjoyment?

so what about you? what would make rta more fun for you?
                I agree that console/PC games are there to hv my undivided attention. When I play console games, I want a "ME time". Pause whenever I want. Think as long as I want. I dont need co player. I dont need opposing player.

When I do need opposing player... I play football (soccer to you americans) or table tennis or chess depending on the weather and my health and my friend availability.

Why do I even play a mobile game? I always feel that mobile game enjoyment is inferior to conventional sports and console/PC games in every aspect except one... That is as an on-the-go filler. Something I only have to partially focus on while waiting for something or going somewhere or doing something boring like accompanying my wife shopping. I dont have to worry of being AFK or disconnected.

That explained, It would be hard to make rta appeal to me. Maybe.....if for pre battle selection, I can select a preset line-up... the opponent select his preset... both are revealed simultaneously... doesnt matter if both him and me picked the same mob.... the game automatically random-ban 1 monster.... then the battle starts fully auto (no manual ever). Yes maybe that.

Comment

Working...
                X