GW wth is this baloney?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GW wth is this baloney?!

Friday my guild got a defense loss in 1 hr to a [SpiritTemp6B] guild... I searched it & saw it was a lvl 1 guild with @10 lvl 1 placeholder accounts, in addition to the 10 or so accts that had attacked in gw..

So today I searched again & the guild has no one in it but the placeholder lvl 1 accts..

Interestingly, the description of the guild says:

"32 gw per week + siege..."

Um.. Rly? **32** gw per week? Definitely smacks of slimy, chintzy "playing the system" tactics (so common in sw unfortunately).. But this is some serious B.S. if ppl are "hopping" between several guilds every week somehow and farming waay more pts than they should be able to..

I'd bet big $$ there are far more ppl doing this BS "hopping" than just this one group of ppl I stumbled across. I also remember running across a c3 guild [SpiritFarm] or [Spirit#] on attack where there were only lvl 1 accts and there was no way that guild should have been c3.. Clearly it was same group of ppl "hopping" guilds..

I'd like an admin to check into this pls and hopefully ban every account of every pathetic donkey who engages in this guild-hopping crap.

Screenies:
    Friday then Saturday:
    Last edited by Qaal; 02-02-2019, 02:09 PM.

Is there a rule against changing guild in such a way? Im genuinely curious.

Comment

• Qaal
      Qaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Srsly? Whether there is a rule or not is irrelevant..

They apparently get @3x as many gw + siege attacks as ppl who remain in the same guild all week. And ofc always moving to their lowest lvl guild available means they're always utterly crushing little guys; only to stay in their highest lvl guild at tally time for the end reward.

Absolutely weaselish, slimy, and BS activity which totally undermines the structure of guild content.

Hopefully c2u will take steps to eliminate this crap.

• Qbert
      Qbert commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been saying it for years.... they need to have the wait period between switching guilds scale up for each time you switch.

Just have it add 24 hours to the existing 12 hour timer for every time you've switched guilds in the last ~60 days. That way the only people affected are the people that exploit the system.

• Qaal
      Qaal commented
      Editing a comment
      @Qbert
      Yes that would work. Or just allow 1x/week..

wow never heard you could actually hop guilds and participate in their wars immediately
    A+ for effort!
    off I go join these geniuses

Comment

• Asmosis
      Asmosis commented
      Editing a comment
      IIRC its a 12 hour cooldown, basically the next war.

I’m genuinely curious..........why do you even care?

Comment

• Qaal
      Qaal commented
      Editing a comment
      So ppl chintzing the system for unfair advantage doesn't concern you? Lol. Why build your account and guild up to fight at higher levels for higher rewards *as intended by the system* - when you can just weasel like this for triple the payout?

Point being, the guild system is designed for ppl to join a guild and work together to build that guild to higher level to *earn* higher rewards - not to find a loophole in the system to make disgusting farming easier and more profitable.

Sorry if I'm a guy who is in a guild of ppl who play the game as intended - working hard at fighting against ppl our own level, and collecting the reward designed by c2u for our effort. Sorry if I saw a bunch of weasels gaming the system and called them out for it.

People's complacency and willingness to turn a blind eye to (or particpate in) all the rule-bending that goes on in this game is staggering. Such moral & ethical bankruptness..

So. That's why I care. People who play as intended are all being shafted by this hopping activity. It shouldn't be allowed so I've spoken up. If you want to not care about it; fine, that's ya bidness. For your sake tho I sure hope you aren't in a high lvl guild, banging it out against other high lvl ppl, while these turds are hopping around silver tier ganking little guys for higher overall rewards than you'd get for being g3..

Wait, how do they even win wars if they quit the guild everytime?
    edit: Yeah it is a legit business. They are acting within the limitations of the game and not exploiting any bugs. But damn they're crazy
    Last edited by cruxio002; 02-02-2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Qaal
      Qaal commented
      Editing a comment
      They win wars back to back to back then move on to the next guild. Rinse and repeat.

And no - it is *not* legit business. It's a loophole in the system in need of being closed.

• cruxio002
      cruxio002 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its legit, coz it works within the system. They wouldn't have let the cooldown time for applying to be so short if they didn't intend to be used that way.
      It is like you're saying that getting G3 while refreshing wing is illegal because they have more chances to win.

• Qaal
      Qaal commented
      Editing a comment
      No. Sorry, but you are completely wrong. There is no way this is how c2u intended for guild content to be played. Srsly!?
      Lol! You're saying c2u made guild changing cooldowns what they currently are intending for ppl to create multiple guilds to hop between to get 3x the number of attacks guild content was *designed* to have?? Hahahaha! Mmhmm.. Ok... Shhhhuuuurre... Lol! I'd love to have an admin weigh in on this lolol!! Com2uS_Evan or Com2uS_CharShoo ? Smh lol!!

The cooldown for changing guilds is what it is in order to allow ppl to not miss out on too much guild content if they happen to change guilds, and for no other reason. The fact there *is* any cooldown at all is to prevent exactly the exploit and loophole I've pointed out in this post (ie. artificially increasing the amount of guild content a player can participate in by frequently "hopping" guilds).. Lol ya serious?!? o.O

Also, **there are no "guild war wing refreshes"** - for a reason. Could it be because the system is designed for p!ayers to remain in *one* guild - where they can participate in *12* gw attacks and *2* sieges and *1* labyrinth per week? So your comparison to the comp!etely different arena system **which includes refreshes by design** is totally invalid, and it's mystifying I even have to point any of this out lol.

This hopping guild BS farming is shafting the vast majority of players who just play the game instead of playing the system. It's a loophole needs c!osing. Period.

Well, I’m in a G3 guild siege/gw and I could care less. More power to them. Lol

Comment

• Qaal
      Qaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, sorry to hear that. Have a good day

nothing that can be done, is the sw way..........no actual pvp players in this game, lol

Comment

• Qaal
      Qaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it's unfortunate but you're likely correct. It's just not in me to silently accept it I guess lol.

Guild hopping has been around forever and it would be stupid to suddenly set an extreme precedent for it. Could be fixed by suggesting a limit to the amount of wars a player can participate in per week instead of spazzing out and demanding that everyone be banned.

Comment

Apparently I've thankfully missed out on all the guild hopping going on, so when I saw it being done so blatantly I spoke up. Just because it's been happening doesn't make it right tho. Is banning ppl for exploiting loopholes in a game extreme? Hm.. Most games I've played that is the standard response (or situationally a warning is issued first).

And I thought there already was an obvious limit to the amount of wars a player can participate in per week - *12*? Lol any fool not up to underhanded crap can figure this mystery out, so why would I suggest a limit that already exists?

Not sure where you're getting that I'm spazzing out or demanding anything.. I'm pretty sure I posted what I'd stumbled across and asked c2u to check into a bunch of turds exploiting a loophole..

Again I gotta point out how people's complacency and apathy towards cheating amazes me lol. What a bizarre, unintentional social experiment this has turned out to be - where I'm gettin sorta attitude from ppl for pointing out some obvious BS going on lol.

Comment

• Qaal
        Qaal commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay cruxio002 guess ima play at lawyering up like you; but gosh! You sure seem unusually determined to justify how ppl are obviously not playing the game as intended. Hm...... o.O lol.

"Cheating"
        - act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

"Loophole"
        - a means of escape - especially : an ambiguity or omission in the text through which the intent of a statute, contract, or obligation may be evaded.
        - a loophole in the law is a small mistake which allows people to do something that would otherwise be illegal.

Source for definitions: a simple Google Search.

As to your very selective, deliberately narrowed bullet points:

"1. No rules were broken"
        - See expanded definition of "Cheating" and also "Loophole" above.

"2. Every GP earned is proportional to the battles won"
        - You obviously avoid acknowledging how the gw system is clearly intended to limit player participation to only 12 attacks per week, and - more importantly - that there is already a cooldown for switching guilds in place **intended exactly to prevent players from doing this "hopping" exploit**.. So, ummmm yeah.........

"3. The effort put forth by guild hoppers are more than those who didn't hop. And they get less weekly reward compared to non-hoppers."
        - The effort put forth "being more" is irrelevant; the majority of ppl dont "hop" because doing so is obviously exploiting a loophole and not playing as intended. Lol.
        Go and take a closer look at the screenies again; you'll see their rank was g1 before they abandoned that particular guild to move on to the next, so it's reaaonable to deduce they'd get to g1 in whatever guild they decided to stay in for the final tally. Now idk where you learned math at, but here in the real world, gp earned from 32 attacks (as stated in their guild description) plus collecting a g1 finish reward, is higher than gp earned from only 12 attacks plus a g1 finish reward........ Sorry to tell you this, but it seems your math teacher failed you lol.

But the most obvious flaw in your assertions is this: if "hopping" required more effort for less reward than you'd get for staying in 1 guild all week ***why in the hell would anyone do it!?*** Smh lololol! Hm.. I'm guessing (lol) putting in all that extra effort to exploit a loophole actually = more reward. Maybe? Pfft haha!

Please do not try out for your school's debate team, k? Lol!

And yeah lilmikee you got that right lol! Also, since you mentioned grinding... Wow man I didn't get a single useable rune farming dragons while wasting time on this stuff :'( lol!

• cruxio002
        cruxio002 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would agree with you but meh you're on a roll with that 'victim' mindset. Have you read the Com2Us ToS?

• Qaal
        Qaal commented
        Editing a comment
        "I would agree with you but meh you're on a roll with that 'victim' mindset. Have you read the Com2Us ToS?"

Lol what are you even talking about? I'm of a mindset that I stumbled across some blatant cheating, posted on the c2u forum about it and asked that it be checked on. Nothing more, nothing less. I can't help that you showed up, desperately trying to justify guild "hopping" with your poor interpretation of c2u ToS and ridiculously weak assertions in favor of "hopping". Lol.

But hey, we're both entitled to our opinions on the topic, right? In a nutshell, you are in favor of exploiting game loopholes, and I am not. Simple as that. GL with your guild hopping in the event c2u decides to do anything about it

Like everything else there is a distinct difference between what is legal and what is right. Are they breaking rules? Probably not. Are they playing counter to the spirit and intent of the game? Obviously. Do their actions affect other? see below

Their actions do have a direct impact on the rest of us and therefore should be considered and addressed. Intentional manipulation of guild rankings affects all of us. I personally have seen my guild fluctuate between f3 and g1 within the timeframe of one guild battle, meaning our overall guild score did not change. It was at 1097 points the entire time. This fluctuation is not limited to during the fight as it varies greatly through the week affecting who we get to fight against. The change does not accurately reflect the outcome of our battles. We can win a fight and go from f3 rank to c3 rank. The f3 guild we fought was an easy win yet the c3 guild was obviously way above us in power. There is no way to maintain a stable guild ranking system when groups of people are allowed to manipulate the system for their own advantage.

This type of game manipulation needs to be stopped for the greater good of all.

Comment

• Qaal
        Qaal commented
        Editing a comment
        Ty for your well thought out and relayed thoughts, touching on points I'd missed. Big ole +1 for you

Huh, that is kind of rage worthy and dbagish. Essentially, they are working around the cooldown timer of guild hopping. Didn't realize that was possible, when my guild had a problem, everyone that I tried to bring back had to wait until the next day to come back.

I hope they fix this exploitable situation.

Comment

• Qaal
        Qaal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I wasn't fully aware of it either until it got blatantly dumped in my face. I just don't think weaselish-ly like that - I just play the game without looking for ways to chintz. You obviously are the same way.

Far as I can guess, they save up attacks and do as many as they can in one guild, then move on to the next guild to do saved attacks the next day. Rinse; repeat. Idk mebbe things are slightly different when you change to a different guild instead of returning to a previous one? I've no idea, and never wanted to even hafta think about it lol.

Ty for your support

I'm with you Qaal.........time for Com2us to limit this type of thing big time!

Comment

• Qaal
        Qaal commented
        Editing a comment
        Ty! I'm glad to see some supportive comments popping up

It's just unfortunate that thanks to a bunch of weasels, the process of changing guilds may become more of a disruption for honest ppl (*if* c2u acts on this "hopping" crap)..

"This is why we can't have nice things" lol!

I feel like you’re that lady in the homeowners association always making life hard when it really doesn’t affect her. No off but I just don’t see how it bothers you so much. Lol

Comment

• Kevradikus
        Kevradikus commented
        Editing a comment
        This is simply something that some of us see as an " exploit ". It takes away from the people who stick with their guild through thick or thin.

The fact that you keep commenting on this thread is kinda funny seeing as how you are doing exactly the same thing as the OP......now that is worth a LOL!

LOL! As long as people cry baby it’s not faiiirrrrrrr I will post as I please since it’s the only SW related fun I have anymore.

Comment

Dang, you’re right. After reading my response to you I realize I too am the old lady. Hahahaha

Comment

Working...
        X