A little scared to ask about Tablo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little scared to ask about Tablo

My favourite top hat wearing magician...

I'm scared to try him out.. I really don't want to storage him.

This little guy was my first ever L/D lightning, It was a magical moment I was so excited I read all the discussions on their release saying how he's not that good and at most he'd be for pvp BUT I REFUSED TO BELIEVE THEM!

I made him my focus straight away, I was the 2nd person (in the reviews at least) on my server to get and 6* him. Then ABRA KADABRA, I completed DB10 for the first time. With his third skill the Dragon couldn't move. I was amazed, I love new content (New monsters: hint hint nudge nudge) and the dice magicians are really well designed.

Next came the real test... Could he help me complete Toa for the first time? Luckily it wasn't the Lyrith rotation so the first 2 waves were quite easy to pass. Then comes the boss... I was excited, heart racing, the first time I've reached the Toa 100 boss, could I do it? It starts off fine, dot after dot being piled on. Mav and Tablo keeping my team speed boosted the entire fight, the first crystal goes down, HUZZAH! Step one is done! Now to work on the boss, this might be the hard part...

Boy was I wrong.

Tablo decided to show me everything he had to offer, Proc after proc, attack bar reset after attack bar reset Baretta, Mav and Tablo proved unstoppable, the boss could not move. He defence breaks the boss then starts going crazy, the bosses health bar being grinded down by Tablos relentless attacks, closer and closer he came to the final blow... I would love for there to be a moment of suspense but Tablos magic wouldn't allow it! He destroyed the boss! I cheered! The first time I've beaten Toa100! *The imaginary crowd in my head goes wild*.

Now recently I saw his name listed in the patch notes, I was watching a Jewbagel video. I did expect a nerf after seeing how crazy he could be in PVP but I didn't expect him to stun himself after using the third skill, he now loses a turn after using it (was there no other way maybe that his third skill could of been nerfed?). My heart dropped... All that was going through my head was how many times he's helped me in the PVE areas and how I could adjust my team to workaround this new change

I think for Toa at least, if I make the speed of him and Mav so Mav goes second I'll be able to cleanse the stun right after but there's still a chance he's going to be more of a liability now. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he did or didn't deserve the nerf, this post is more of a nostalgic trip down memory lane mixed with my concerns. In case it wasn't clear, I don't do PVP, I don't find it fun so my comments are based entirely on the PVE areas.

So are there any other Tablo users here that have tried him out after the patch?

You can still use him effectively, at least for PvP, if you bring him in with a cleanser. Velajuel/Delphoi both gives immunity and cleanse so they would be my first choice of Tablo partnership. Other cleansers you can try around but I'm sure he's not to the point of completely unusable. PvE should be easier to pair him up with a cleanser since there are more options.

I understand you used to use that monster to the point of comfort and now a little set back just kind of seem like panicking (as you can see with all the Laika posts around here). But I assure you Tablo, Iris and Laika are usable. It's up to the users if they want to appreciate the monsters or not.

Comment

• Azombiebaby
      Azombiebaby commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't say I'm panicking like all those posts this was more of a trip down memory lane for me, maybe a goodbye. I do think I'll have better options though, I'll definitely try him out at some point but for now after FRR I've moved his runes onto other mons.

Originally posted by vudup View Post
    You can still use him effectively, at least for PvP, if you bring him in with a cleanser. Velajuel/Delphoi both gives immunity and cleanse so they would be my first choice of Tablo partnership. Other cleansers you can try around but I'm sure he's not to the point of completely unusable. PvE should be easier to pair him up with a cleanser since there are more options.

I understand you used to use that monster to the point of comfort and now a little set back just kind of seem like panicking (as you can see with all the Laika posts around here). But I assure you Tablo, Iris and Laika are usable. It's up to the users if they want to appreciate the monsters or not.
    Did you even read OP's post or just assumed what the content is about. Pvp was never his concern

Comment

• vudup
      vudup commented
      Editing a comment
      "PvE should be easier to pair him up with a cleanser since there are more options."

If he can still be usable in PvP, Tablo can sure be usable in PvE as well. I'm starting to wonder if you read my whole response or not.
      Last edited by vudup; 09-01-2017, 09:02 PM.

Tablo is still op, he's like Bernard with speed lead. Not broken but the best ATB booster second to frigate.

Comment

• Apche
      Apche commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont think so... tablo gives his team 30% atb(based on speed buff with 0 atb) and he loses a turn. Bernard give the team 30% atb plus speed buff, bernard included. But, of couse, tablo kit is far better.

I dont own him. I dont have seen him yet after nerf, but i think the nerf destroyed him. He still can be paired with monster to help him recover from stun, but i dont know... maybe too much setup. Before the notes came out i suggested after using 3rd he loses his buffs and get slowed(maybe more penalties based on dice roll)

Comment

• Sweaty_Ballz
      Sweaty_Ballz commented
      Editing a comment
      I own him, he's great with double lushen and Meghan. Not as good as psama but gets the job done.

Before the nerf he would ATB boost your team and stun your opponents monsters 50% of the time in the same turn. He was broken op. Now he is a fair ATB booster, it was a valid nerf.

• Azombiebaby
      Azombiebaby commented
      Editing a comment
      That's exactly what I was thinking, it seems like he needs too much of a setup now. I mean sure he'd be the lead but I would much prefer Bernard + Megan who WILL get a second turn after boosting the attack bars and I won't need to waste a spot just to cleanse him or hope that he procs.

I don't really agree or disagree with the nerf since he did go crazy at times but now would anybody really want a monster that loses a turn when using one of his skills. I mean I question his built in proc rate more than the attack bar reset.

Don't forget that his second skill hasn't changed. So he still stuns or reduce speed which is quite good. I use him for toaH and PvP... Still use him in my AO team with galleon, akhamamir and Lagmaron/water nuker. It is still pretty efficient as long as you don't meet immune team. It does not changed that much. Now I need to try it again in toaH. He was really good there since you could do his third then his second. Now this combo is not possible and you will have to do his second then his third but it should still be viable. Anyway, i was scared a bit too but you just need to be use to his new skill set, that's all. It is just a game, if you loose you loose but you don't die ;-)

Comment

• Azombiebaby
      Azombiebaby commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I'll go back to the default Toa team while I test out Tablo replacements in my bomb team :[ I liked having random fun teams instead of the same old meta.

I was going to try him out and see if I could make him work but like one of the other posts said, he needs too much setup now. I would much prefer not using another monster space on a cleanser just so I can use his third skill.

Originally posted by Azombiebaby View Post
    I think for Toa at least, if I make the speed of him and Mav so Mav goes second I'll be able to cleanse the stun right after but there's still a chance he's going to be more of a liability now.
    Wouldn't you actually want Mav to be slightly faster so that he would attack first after the reset to cleanse the stun?

Comment

• krazye87
      krazye87 commented
      Editing a comment
      No. Have mav go 2nd. But slightly behind tablo. Why? so that when he gives speed to everyone but himself, mav can then cleanse after. If mav goes first, Auto will ruin it by spamming the 3rd skill before tablo does his.

• kemonomimi
      kemonomimi commented
      Editing a comment
      For auto situations you can't win either way.

• Azombiebaby
      Azombiebaby commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that's what I was thinking first of all. I'm not sure, for the moment I've put him in storage and just given him filler runes. I might try him out another time but I've got a new toy I want to work on first ^^

Tablo is more or less still as effective as he used to be, its just you might eventually get a turn now if you don't go first.

Comment

• Azombiebaby
      Azombiebaby commented
      Editing a comment
      But I was enjoying not giving the Toa AI any moves :'(

I have c2 quality runes, and I have Tablo.

I also used Tablo to own Lyrith and the male guy (sorry if you dont have da booty I dont want to remember your name).

Post buff, I immediately came to Lyrith to see if Tablo was still a cheat to heaven.

And the answer was, with my rune quality, yes I could still kill Lyrith, but it's way harder and does required some luck compared to the pre buff.

Yes I use Mav to clear the stun.

Also, there're some guys saying this already so I just put it here, what are not (entirely mine), ideas:
    * Tablo CANT vio out of the self stun, so he lost 22% chance of getting a cd off
    * Tablo CANT atk when stunned (obviously) so he lost 17% chance of proccing another turn that gets him another cd
    * Tablo doesnt have atk spd buff which means he loses out to MORE THAN JUST 33% atk bar increase (by the spd buff) by the way atb works (I dont want to explain here but I think you could google it... it will be a long one tho)

So Tablo DOESNT lose ONLY ONE cd by this nerf, he loses more. And yes I only use Tablo for pve too, I agree his pvp post buff is utterly bs. And yes it comes from a Tablo owner. I'm just, like you, sad that the buff gets me more stress in toah like it already provides.

Comment

Working...
    X