No announcement yet.

Stop complaining about the Laika nerf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is going to be next to useless. Theomaras is just better without his stun.. his counterattack will no longer stun and do a lot less damage. please tell me how he will be comparable to theo

Comment

• reik0
      reik0 commented
      Editing a comment
      And so what if theomars is better than laika? Theomars is better than alot of units. Some nat 5s are bettee than the rest, deal with it. Laika is useless? He deals alot of damage and is durable. Not enough for you? Stop jumping on the bandwagon and think for yourself

• MaxHDKim
      MaxHDKim commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't know Theomars had Justice on a 2-turn cooldown.

Lol

Not "just better". Hit theo's CD's, and theo is one-shot. You can't do that to Laika. L2SW.

With Wind Mermaid's third buff, Theo just got indirectly nerfed.

• Fierezero
      Fierezero commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the thing Laika was the original Theomars then they made something farmable replace something people had to spend money on. By needing Laika this hard Theo now replaces him once again. It took one year of posts to buff Laika. The failure of Com2us to address this game but every 3-6 months aggravates everyone. This nerf puts him back in storage. Theo is a lot better than some units not all there are plenty of other water nukers I'd pick over Theo. What's that say about Laika? He's absolutely useless except as a nuker and god knows the game has plenty of those. His survivability drops to barely surviving multi-hits. Theo can be dropped to endure, but still can't be killed in one shot.

We've been paying close attention to user opinions. Are you joking?
    I Just hope your favorite unit got the laika treatment and you will understand why.
    Is he top tier op unit? NO! and he can be one shot by 4 star julie what a joke op?

Comment

• powwder
      powwder commented
      Editing a comment
      to be fair, Julie can one shot a lot of nat 5's fairly easily.

• MaxHDKim
      MaxHDKim commented
      Editing a comment
      What powwder says.

"Laika can be countered! HE IS UNDERPOWERED!"
      Last edited by Com2uS_Evan; 08-31-2017, 01:17 PM. Reason: please refrain from using offensive language in the future.

You can't just remove both the stun from counterattack and reduce damage at the same time. Without stun Laika becomes a much worse than theomars. You want to nerf a monster?? Remove defence break from theomars second skill. Or better yet if you remove stun from counterattack then replace the dot on the first skill with defence break for Laika.
    Last edited by Kalionys; 08-30-2017, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• MaxHDKim
      MaxHDKim commented
      Editing a comment
      Right because all damage dealers should have defense break.

Laika has Justice on a 2-turn CD. Theo does not. Laika's survivability doesn't get affected by CD push, while Theo's does. Oblivion is much more rare than CD Push.

Done
      Last edited by Kalionys; 08-30-2017, 09:40 PM.

• Sweaty_Ballz
      Sweaty_Ballz commented
      Editing a comment
      Your opinion is that of a c1 player, g1 plus he is storage material. Level up some more, there are double exp in game for that.

I'm aggravated by the removal of the stun as well... not just for me, but for the THREE damn laikas com2us has given me.... (gotta love those dupes...). Probably will have three more spots in storage now.... Ill just use theo... maybe even build a second one.... Thanks for nurf batting my rakan and laikas... yet monsters like wind panda, water fairy king, etc can just dominate due to RNG BS... all you need is a set of violent runes, gg

Comment

• MaxHDKim
      MaxHDKim commented
      Editing a comment
      And Rakan and Laika aren't OP on vio runes either?

Lol get outta here...

• mac016
      mac016 commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah that wind panda can solo a fire monster specially laika anytime of the day specially now laika can't stun that wind panda anymore. What an aHole nerf

The stupidity in the comment section is just intolerable.

"Laika is not op because Julie can kill him/ tesarion can oblivion him"

“if you want laika to be nerfed, you are just a noob who cant kill laika”

I was initially with you guys that this patch over nerfed him but now I’m like:

Please delete laika so these whiners can just quit this game.

Comment

• drsum
      drsum commented
      Editing a comment
      so you are saying he's not OP with the stun, guess we agree he doesn't need this particular nerf then?

• MaxHDKim
      MaxHDKim commented
      Editing a comment
      @drsum

"Now he's just food to be targeted down first out of everyone."

Oh and all the other damage dealing nat 5's arent? Your perspective is so flawed...

• charlesthemud
      charlesthemud commented
      Editing a comment
      @drsum

the only impact i see with this nerf is no longer to force the opponents to bring immunity/cleanser against laika.

People will always target laika, with or without the nerf.

Can't really blame people, I mean if I had an OP monster and he was nerfed i'd be upset as well. just accept it, he'll just go from being top tier to good. he's still better than chow.

Comment

• mrloog
      mrloog commented
      Editing a comment
      currently, i still prefer Chow to Laika.
      Violent Chow deal a lot dmg than laika
      Only stun make everyone scared of laika, so they ban Laika not Chow

He wasn't even close to being a top tier monster to begin with. He was like a B Tier monster that's under utilized, and then they gave him the buff to an A Tier. Rakan owners complained so much that he's buffed to SS Tier, and then when they decided to nerf the OP ones like Iris Tablo Rakan, Laika somehow got thrown into the mix when he never was really OP to begin with. Now Laika is maybe B+ at most without the revenge stun maybe close to Chow and Leo at best.

I confess I have 2 Laikas and I was very happy about the buff. I fight Laikas all the time but I have always figured out how to counter him and never found him to be OP. Rakan, on the other hand, I have encountered countless situations where he provoke collapse my Chasun to death and I lose those battles hopelessly. Laika at the most would revenge stun and prevent/delay his own death and it's more of a defensive mechanism. Rakan's OPness is that he would randomly own you.

I mean there are plenty of OP mons in this game, and there are plenty of imbalance issues with this game. Laika is absolutely not even within the first 3 pages of issues no matter how you look at it. What makes this frustrating is how C2U is nerfing an okay unit into near uselessness / boring.

C2U if you are listening, we don't mind nerfing as long as its justified and if you're setting a certain standard to where these mons should be at. Nerf the REAL OP problematic monsters that prevent the game from being competitively fun, and BUFF the ones that are completely under-utilized. Like those unicorns man come on... leave the Laika alone, ask those streamers since you seem to value their opinion and see how they all agree across the board that this Laika buff is uncalled for.

Comment

• reik0
      reik0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course rakan is OP and laika is not. Laika's stun only delay death and doesnt screw teams up? Him stunning a crucial unit can determine games. It may prevent healers from healing, damamge dealer from killing, strippers from stripping. And you get to attack again potenially killing more units.
      Quit with the bs, u are just mad ur monster got nerfed.

• MaxHDKim
      MaxHDKim commented
      Editing a comment
      @reik0

Listening to half the streamers their rationalization was that Laika was still perfectly counterable and so he didn't need a nerf.

I disagree. Just because you can still counter them doesn't mean they're not OP.

@reik0
      He wasn't spewing BS. Not that everything he said makes a ton of sense he's making irrelevant points but ur making no sense either lolol

#supportlaikanerf100%
    He was so OP, difficult to kill due to the groggo like passive, hits like a mother fking truck, and can revenge stun your whole team like its nothing.
    Saying that he is no longer usable and he is trash is complete ****ing BS. Yes, he isnt as good as he used to be but he will still be used by everyone unless maybe you are some visa top tier player with many other monsters to choose from ( WHICH MOST OF U ARE NOT)

Everyone is just crying because their op monster got nerfed. Live with it.
    To those saying tesa easily counters laika now, then same for theo aint it lol? 2hitko, oblivion and kill. Its up to you to defend your monsters, immunity??? Will runes?? " they can just strip it" then you should find a way around it. Counters exist in this game, ur opponents put in the effort to find a way around yours maybe u should too. They used 2 monster slots to kill 1 laika. Advantage to u sir the ball is now in ur court.

There are always gonna be monsters better than the others. Now that yours isnt one of the best AD/GWD/RTA monsters anymore, deal with it.

Comment

• drsum
      drsum commented
      Editing a comment
      You don't know what you are talking about. So please just stop commenting on this issue.

• MaxHDKim
      MaxHDKim commented
      Editing a comment
      @drsum
      You sir please stop tard-commenting on people making valid points.

Thanks.

"There are always gonna be monsters better than the others." soo.. why not Laika? ;P

Comment

Originally posted by darlic23 View Post
      Most of the nerf complains come from Laika. And if you understand the history of Laika's buff to OPness, you will understand why there is such a huge backslash.

Laika's original passive was two parts: will not glance and stun with a 30% chance when get attacked. Laika was able to stun when attacked from the very beginning. At that time, Laika was considered storage material because Laika do not awaken to SPD nor CR, Laika need atk buff and def buff to do his damage, and Laika can be easily one shotted making his counter stun passive rather useless.

So, the Laika community asked for Laika buff. Mostly either make his attack scale on speed (so he can be speedy single target nuker), or make him tankier (so his stun passive can be more useful).

Instead, in Com2Us wise wisdom, Com2Us buffed Laika by giving him a revenge damage at 50% that will stun. This was not what the Laika community wanted. And the quest for BuffLaika continues.

And then Com2Us come up with a second buff that makes Laika OP (35% max damage to Laika).

This Laika version is OP and needs to be nerfed. But if Com2Us nerfed Laika by removing the revenge damage and revert his counter stun back to 30%, (resulting in a Laika that the original Laika community wanted in first place -- a tanky single target attacker with a chance to stun when attacked), many long time Laika owners would have supported the nerf.

Instead, Com2Us screwed up again by nerfed the wrong part of the passive. The part that was always part of Laika's passive.
      please read this. I'm done with people talking about this issue like they know wtf they are talking about when they don't.

Comment

• Airtias
        Airtias commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly, it's the stun that made him special. The counter made him dangerous and Vamp runes ideal. But, I prefer a tricky passive with CC than a counter attack. I guess we'll see what the community does with him now.

• MaxHDKim
        MaxHDKim commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree he's literally making stuff up in his own mind. Almost scary imo.

Truthfully, he's just not special anymore. His counter never really did enough damage to begin with. His sustain was only because of his ability to stun. Without the stun, Vamp runes just aren't as effective as he barely heals himself at all on a counter. It was the ability to possibly get another strike in there to heal.
      With his new nerfs, I feel like the only option is a YOLO build. Maximum damage as players no longer have a fear of attacking him. If he can do crazy damage on his first skill, maybe that will deter them...but, usually it's not that much damage.
      His passive no longer synergizes with his skill 2. Players use to have to think twice about attacking him throughout a battle in fear of his stun counter. This would cause players to consider attacking other units first at the risk of powering up Liaka's second skill. Now, there is no reason to avoid killing him off first and this makes his second skill pretty much pointless. Most of this monsters damage with these new nerfs rests solely on his first skill.

Comment

• MaxHDKim
        MaxHDKim commented
        Editing a comment
        You mean Justice, right?

I agree with part of your post.

This is funny, rly. People talk about no complains, but i am sure If com2us Nerf Seara bomba no Extra turn, Wind panda no nemesis, psameth 3rd skill change to active, Tiana not unresistible, zaiross 3rd to 2turns cd, ganymede nota irresistible or no atb push back, woosa 5 turns 3rd skill. Do You guys Still say no complains, If This Nerfs happens?
      Last edited by Apche; 08-30-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• MaxHDKim
        MaxHDKim commented
        Editing a comment
        Your comparison to Laika's nerf is to destroying a monster.

Get over your skewed perspective.

• Apche
        Apche commented
        Editing a comment
        Destroy a monster? Rly? All the monster i Said are stupdly more broken than laika ever was. And guess who get the super nerf Hammer?

First off the damage from Laika's counter was not increased, see the post from Teyne about damage calculation on that thread. it's a straight nerf. Since he now doesn't hit as hard, Vamp is now less effective overall, Vio with a healer may be the new way to go if you want to try to squeeze the blood from this storage stone but most other damage dealers will bring more utility, CC, ignore, buff removal, bombs, or more survivability. The DOT is negligible, if you want to argue it isn't, imagine Theo without a dot on S1 would you still use him? of course you would. Let's be real to compare Rakan nerf to Laika nerf isn't really honest. If the provoke was removed from collapse (the thing that makes collapse unique and so good) we'd be looking at a similar case but that didn't happen. Laika is now Groggo with less utility, not as tanky, less CC, and has two hard counters that are fuseable (i'll let you take a guess at who they are) AND stella which i haven't seen mentioned but she could one shot s3 him before the nerf. Laika is no longer unique and i have to agree with theradon's post, he was redefined, into a single target single attack fire mon - we get more out of raoq or trevor now.

Comment

• Lov3
        Lov3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just wanna say that Stella needs a very good rune to be even able to 1-shot a well-runed Laika without atk buff.
        Mediocre stella needs set up with atk buff and/or def break to even do so.

• Sweaty_Ballz
        Sweaty_Ballz commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 Laika is exactly like Trevor, a single target fire attacker that does not buff himself like trevor and has no immunity like rakan. A nat5 unit is supposed to be unique. Having a 3 star groggo armor does not make this monster any better than Trevor.
        Last edited by Sweaty_Ballz; 08-30-2017, 04:54 PM.

• Apche
        Apche commented
        Editing a comment
        Trevor do way more damage than laika. I still use vampire on laika... i use him in my gb10 and db10 spd runs, his passive made it safer. If i remember right, i use my laika only for pve... i prefer theo or perna por pvp, even pre-nerf.
    Working...
    X