is rune upgrading broken?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is rune upgrading broken?

I know I know upgrading runes is all rng, blah blah blah....but lately within the last 2 weeks ive had some horrible upgrade luck, 15 fails trying to +9, 21 fails trying to +9 another, and 20 fails trying to +9 another rune, im at around 40 fails currently trying to +12 a rune and still counting because I have no more mana, 40 FAILS!!!! WTF!!!! Are they secretly nerfing rune upgrade rates with all these updates that have happened the past few weeks? Because I haven't noticed it being this bad till the last 2-3 weeks, anyone else having this horrible luck as well? Ive been playing for over 2.5 years fyi so I have been upgrading runes for a while to know something just feels nerfed/worse rates lately.

this is probably true

all the rates in this game are rigged

Comment

9,12 and 15 are definitely rigged. I'm thinking 13 and 14 is easier to achieve than 12.

Comment

You're not the only one. What worst is failing 5-10x powering up to +4-5.

Comment

yup, it is.
          i got couple of +9 that will not go +10... going back and forth.. testing after an hour or two... same thing... all in all took 2 million to go +10.. ridiculous

Comment

Just wait for com2us to start selling guaranteed rune upgrade packs...

Comment

• BigDaddyToe
              BigDaddyToe commented
              Editing a comment
              you mean a +15 scroll, instantly +15 any rune ^_^

• justinbailey
              justinbailey commented
              Editing a comment
              Com2us wouldn't be that nice. More like 10 tokens that guarantee a +1 upgrade to any rune for the obligatory $29.99... I'm sure the wallet warriors with no patience will gobble it up.

I thought it was just me... had a +9 rune that didn't want to go to twelve... and unfortunate with 56 tries total i got him there.

My other runes aren't doing better.
            Pff... seriously rigged i gues

Comment

I've had +6 runes fail 10 times in a row. But then I've had +14 runes go to 15 in less then 5 tries. So basically in SW, when its crap its pure crap, all the way. But sometimes you do see a tiny sliver of hope in this game.

Comment

RNG is less random and more paradigm based. I've said this before.

Comment

They should just work on rune animation upgrade, it's quite deadly and with patch 3.4.7 ... im surprise they haven't address this issue yet...

Comment

I had a guard rune take 63 attempts to go from +13 to +14, last week. I was real close to just destroying it, and powering up something different...

Comment

I have always wondered why so many GZs in chat when some nice rune is powered up to +15... I supposed the challenge was collecting the runes, not powering them up. Crappy mana sink, extremely demotivating.

Comment

• CunninLynguist
                        CunninLynguist commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah sure.. people gz a nice rune because they managed to get it to +15 lol

Nothing out of the ordinary here

Comment

Whats funny is, I bet if com2us took a real serious look into why people leave the game, getting and powering up runes would be the number one issue among those that get frustrated and leave.... more so than getting nat 5s.... Those that have great nat 5s cant rune them, and those that have runes, cant get the monsters to put them on.... I for one fall in the cant get runes catagory.... Dont need monsters, but need runes and no matter how much farming/craping, I mean crafting they just wont drop...

Comment

Working...
                        X