Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change Striker's Friendship chain power-up from 20% critical rate to 20% penetration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Striker's Friendship chain power-up from 20% critical rate to 20% penetration

The title says it all.

I just think that, compared to penetration, it's fairly easy to increase crit rate, not to mention that in terms of spirits stones, more stones increase crit rate than they do penetration. I just think that for strikers, the friendship chain power-up should change from 20% critical rate to 20% penetration

Actually makes sense given how certain gks and crew get to abuse pen resist and pen debuffs this would even the field a little bit.

Comment

No. That's really only going to benefit the legendary strikers. What we need is individual players to be looked at. This won't change anything in terms of top strikers.

Comment

• Jki987
        Jki987 commented
        Editing a comment
        I still feel that it would be a better friendship power-up from 20% crit rate, considering that you can increase the crit rate in more ways than you can increase penetration. It may not be the best for every striker, but I feel like it's better for strikers considering that not only does the crit rate increase with stones/passive skills/active skills/ace skills, but
        I'm pretty sure when you shoot, the crit rate increases as well. and If not penetration, then what about crit damage increased by 20%? While I agree that we need to look at each individual player, the chains are pretty much universal for the player types (striker, goalkeeper, leader, assist, defender, and attacker) so I don't believe that the devs would change it to fit the individual player and their skill set, but rather the player type

Jki987 that's just going to make legends over powered.

do you really want William to have more easy access to Pen? Leventor to be nigh full pen before stones? Vonchi?

Comment

• Jki987
        Jki987 commented
        Editing a comment
        William: only gets Pen with his ace and stones.
        Lev: 50%+20%=70% before stones
        Vonchi: 40%+20%=60% before stones
        Idk what you're talking about with William getting easy access to Pen when he doesn't even get 10% Pen from his active or passive skills. But all I'm saying is that on their own, strikers get enough Crit Rate without the friendship chain. I just want the Friendship chain for strikers changed to something that isn't already easy to get for strikers.

I think the chain itself is fine since crit while accessible isn't by any means an obsolete stat and it counters the universal 20 cr gk chain - they're both kind of situationally helpful.

The problem lies more in the inaccessibility of pen vs the increase in pen res/pen reduc sources eg. sub trust for pen reduction but no uq to counter it; libeaus for raph on top of her inherent 20 pen reduc; philosopher's stone; duran (buffed into omnipresence); etc.

The obvious solution is to provide more pen sources not necessarily in the form of a chain revamp. Perhaps BB might churn out pen units when they start counterbalancing but I think it'd be nice if they'd buff old outdated units with relevant totems - eg. give lucifer 20 vertical pen, a weaker version of jiho's totem not unlike how catharsis has dynames' global revive. Maybe the next generation of uq stones will have one that provides pen to counter sub trust, not unlike how wmt or amk counter fc or ebm (more or less).

Comment

Originally posted by zennyo View Post
        I think the chain itself is fine since crit while accessible isn't by any means an obsolete stat and it counters the universal 20 cr gk chain - they're both kind of situationally helpful.

The problem lies more in the inaccessibility of pen vs the increase in pen res/pen reduc sources eg. sub trust for pen reduction but no uq to counter it; libeaus for raph on top of her inherent 20 pen reduc; philosopher's stone; duran (buffed into omnipresence); etc.

The obvious solution is to provide more pen sources not necessarily in the form of a chain revamp. Perhaps BB might churn out pen units when they start counterbalancing but I think it'd be nice if they'd buff old outdated units with relevant totems - eg. give lucifer 20 vertical pen, a weaker version of jiho's totem not unlike how catharsis has dynames' global revive. Maybe the next generation of uq stones will have one that provides pen to counter sub trust, not unlike how wmt or amk counter fc or ebm (more or less).
        Outdated players definitely and desperately need an updated

Comment

It's an interesting idea, but I fear it would break the game more than aid it. Here's why:
          1. When you're going up against high CR gk's (e.g. Kirna), the crit rate makes all the difference. Some upper-league Kirna's have so much CR, you're almost FORCED to get every ounce of Crit rate you can find in order to have a chance against them.
          2. If you DO need pen instead of Crit, it's not that difficult to move some stones around for the same overall effect (e.g. SHoT vs Glab. They both fit blue slots, and they trade off pen for crit respectively.) Even with Miri, who is dreadfully bad at stacking pen, you can still reach 100% pen pretty easily with her.
          3. Since Crit Rate is additive (as in, you can go over 100% and still get benefit), Excess crit rate is more valuable than excess penetration. Once you're at 100% on your penetration (by whatever means), adding more of it becomes useless.
          4. Lastly, Crit rate in and of itself does not increase raw damage, but Penetration can (especially if you have a striker with low pen). So, if they allow you to get both Dribble AND Penetration from chains, then the overall damage of shots will be affected, making an already hard-to-balance game even more difficult to balance. If you're going to replace anything in chains with Penetration, it should be Dribble, not Crit Rate.
          That's just my two cents.
          Last edited by Shipwrecksos; 08-29-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X