Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Further chat improvements suggestion (reposted due to forum error)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further chat improvements suggestion (reposted due to forum error)

Hi I have some suggestions for SS's chat to be further improved.

In my mind there are currently three pain points for the chat system:

1. Chat either can lag or causes lag especially when mass draws or discount events occur, I have seen many complaints and reports that their phones heat up hugely during power up events because of the constant push of data from the servers to the phone, this is further compounded by the my suspicion that recent updates have introduced a memory leak somewhere as my phone starts greatly stutter after a period of more than 3hrs playing while despite the temp remaining the same, restarting the game fixes these issues (this is on IOS which usually has great memory management).

2. No direct messaging or singular chatting with one person or a friend. Currently if I want to talk to someone or request an ace I have to send a message by clicking on the mail icon then the "write" button to then send a simple text message to one person directly. There is no sure way to know when you get a new message back or if they have seen it as it comes in as all your other event and daily rewards do. This means that I have to leave the app to communicate with another player to request something like an 'Friend Ace' change.

3. Unable to directly tag someone in chat for instance

@Prinny Who is the best striker to pair with Melissa
    will not alert the person specifically that you are addressing them.

I propose fixes or at least compromises to this:

[Current Chat Design]

Click image for larger version  Name:	Chat-Revamp_Current.png Views:	2 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	1780717

[Proposed Chat Changes 1/2]

Click image for larger version  Name:	Chat-Revamp_Collapsed2.png Views:	2 Size:	876.9 KB ID:	1780718

[Proposed Chat Changes 2/2]

Click image for larger version  Name:	Chat-Revamp_Uncollapsed2.png Views:	2 Size:	694.5 KB ID:	1780719

This isn't perfect but the suggestions are as follows:

Chat Menu(On the left)
    • Same save and channel load buttons,
    • Power icon helps you figure out which channel you are currently 'active' in for your posts.
    • Singular chat view disables messages from other channels appearing in the said channel if enabled. i.e When I am in channel '5' I will still be able to see club and private messages but unless I switch to the channel I will not be able to post where they can explicitly see it.
    • Hide UI does what the button in the settings menu does except it activates as soon as you enter chat, this would need to be extended to block things like the crazy dimension boss animation after a match.
    • Minimal notifications turns off notifications for all spirit stone combines from appearing either in chat or as a notification at the top of the screen, this is a crucial feature as combine notifications can make it impossible to chat on busy days and also massively heat up your phone/tablet. It does not disable legendary player notifications however as they are rare enough. This setting will need to be constructed in such a way that you will either never be sent the messages by the server or your phone will immediately reject them based upon the ID of the message i.e it has a header of some sort like

id= "SStoneNotif
    • Immersive chat: 100% opacity for the chat window; disabling all rendering of animations whilst active (There could be a system prompt once you hit 100% warning you or something)

For the central chat window
    • Increased chat width for more natural reading of text with the option of increased font size,
    • Notifications in the chat window for when you finish a game/match with auto or automatch to let you know its time to click out to start it up again. (this is for when users have 100% opacity enabled when they want to focus on chat/reduce lag)
    • Direct tagging of users i.e

@Prinny
    Finally to the right we have small banner that pops out to reveal your friends list:
    • You can see who is online with a few mins delay
    • Private message people directly from a match, when you hit message, a messaging window will go full screen immediately disabling animations to prevent lagging of weaker devices (and reduce needless work). Messages that are sent will cause a notification badge to pop up on the recipients device.
    • Additionally you can add friends via search from chat as well as the normal way,
    • Gift icon was could be some FP or perhaps we could send some stamina but this one was sort of tacked on just was thinking of ideas.

Obviously the close button closes chat..

[Animation]

Last edited by Ogg1; 05-17-2018, 08:56 PM. Reason: Made the suggestion images larger

Hi Xam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to create this post.

I'll have you know that the latest update will address some of your points, so please be on the lookout for that!

I will bring up this thread to the developers. The animation really helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Com2uS_Nyan View Post
      Hi Xam,

The animation really helps!
      Glad it helps, it took so long to animate :blobbsweat:

Comment

Photobomb!!! Lol

Comment

Working...
        X