This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redmoon57 View Post
    Hello to all. I'm fairly new to the game so I will probably have lots of questions. For now just this 1. If I have a Silver BASIC card and want to upgrade and have a normal NOT BASIC of the same player, once I upgrade....will the Silver stay BASIC?
    Yes. Your Silver Basics will stay Basic. They also won't aquire 'EXP' which is using the player's game playing results to build up the Skills on the back of the card.

Comment

Thanks. Appreciate the quick response

Comment

Another question. Once I remove the basic players from my lineup....what do I do with them? Can't release them or combine them!

Comment

Hi Redmoon57, basic cards will remain as basic even if you were to do a grade increase and/or upgrade them. Hope this helped!

Comment

Why do "basic" players perform so much worse than "non-basic" players despite having much better stats? I have a basic silver Arrieta that I've been stuck with since the beginning. He is lvl 18 with an overall of 89. He consistently gives up at least 4-5 runs every game and has had a losing record for several years in a row. When he pitches I pretty much assume I'm losing. However, I have a gold lvl 14 Hendricks with an overall of 88 who consistently finishes around 15-5 every year. Arrieta has better stats, better overall rating, higher level, but can't get a winning record while Hendricks does so much better with worse stats. Are "basic" players designed to perform worse despite stats? I don't see any reason otherwise. It's definitely not skills because Hendricks has pretty bad skills, Sharpshooter lvl 1, Lefty Killer lvl 6, & Seasoned Pitcher lvl 2.

This isn't just a 1-2 year observation. I'm in the year 2024, have had Arrieta since year 1 and Hendricks since year 1 or 2 so this has been consistently happening for 6-7 seasons. If "basic" players aren't designed to perform worse, then something is wrong in the coding of basics and needs to be looked at.
            Last edited by RickySilver; 07-01-2017, 03:17 PM. Reason: More accurate info

Comment

Basic players are so much worse than other players because they can't level up the skills. That is why I recommend switching out basic players ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by RickySilver View Post
                Why do "basic" players perform so much worse than "non-basic" players despite having much better stats? I have a basic silver Arrieta that I've been stuck with since the beginning. He is lvl 18 with an overall of 89. He consistently gives up at least 4-5 runs every game and has had a losing record for several years in a row. When he pitches I pretty much assume I'm losing. However, I have a gold lvl 14 Hendricks with an overall of 88 who consistently finishes around 15-5 every year. Arrieta has better stats, better overall rating, higher level, but can't get a winning record while Hendricks does so much better with worse stats. Are "basic" players designed to perform worse despite stats? I don't see any reason otherwise. It's definitely not skills because Hendricks has pretty bad skills, Sharpshooter lvl 1, Lefty Killer lvl 6, & Seasoned Pitcher lvl 2.

This isn't just a 1-2 year observation. I'm in the year 2024, have had Arrieta since year 1 and Hendricks since year 1 or 2 so this has been consistently happening for 6-7 seasons. If "basic" players aren't designed to perform worse, then something is wrong in the coding of basics and needs to be looked at.
                What are you a glutton for punishment?

No offense, but why the heck do you keep spending points/stars and trotting out a pitcher that gives up runs in bunches, has a losing record and pretty much assumes you a loss for SEVEN YEARS!?!?!? If he's at a level 18, you must have upgraded him with at least one other silver that you could have done the opposite with right?
                The Basic card is your Starter Silver that shows how much better the higher grades are if even a little bit in the case of the Basic Silver/Starter guys. Get him out of your lineup and hold him in the reserves until you're gifted another Arietta Silver, buy a gold one with $hitty $kills for 3 million points in the Auction or spend 50,000 stars and finally get one via Free Agency and then use your basic one to upgrade that one (assuming you can, I haven't tried)

Comment

I don't have a choice but to keep him in my starting rotation. I haven't gotten a single starting pitcher that comes anywhere close to 89 rating. I don't choose to send him out in ranked battle, it's automatically chosen. Yeah I could take a 75 rated starting pitcher and replace the 89 starting pitcher but does that make any sense at all? Why would I believe a 75 would do better than an 89? There's no way I'm buying 50k stars just to replace one player. I'm not a cash cow that does exactly what the devs want. That's one of the biggest problems with this game is that it's almost required to buy stars in order to properly upgrade teams otherwise you're stuck with a player like this Arrieta for 7 years. I'm not going to give in just to feed the devs pockets while they make a game that puts non money players at such a big disadvantage. Maybe you are the type of player that doesn't mind spending 400 bucks on a free game for 50k stars, but that's not me. I prefer to play legit and earn my players instead of just buying them with my credit card. If this game didn't put free players at such a disadvantage, I would undoubtedly be spending more money, but I'm not going to do it when they are trying to force you.

But regardless of you trying to downplay how I'm playing the game, it still doesn't answer why the basic player performs so much worse than another player with worse stats. From what I gather, the only thing a basic player is supposed to do is make it where you can't upgrade skills. That doesn't explain the player's performance.
                  Last edited by RickySilver; 07-04-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

A basic player doesn't acquire exp points. As waylanderz pointed out 10 days ago. Those are more critical than you'd expect on this app but are. A 80 with exp doesn't show as being improved but he will perform more like a 90 once his exp is maxed. Just one of the bugaboos about this. But continue to skip answers from seasoned vets like waylanderz and expect an honest response from a developer that doesn't speak English let alone understand American baseball completely.

Comment

I never skipped Waylanderz answer. I completely understand that basic players don't earn exp and therefore can't upgrade skills. I knew this before Waylanderz even mentioned it. I acknowledged this in both of my posts. But from everything else that I've read about Basics from the beginning of the game, that's the only thing that is supposed to affect basic players, being able to upgrade skills right? I've played this app since day 1 and played the old 9 innings from 2012, I've got a good bit of experience myself.

Comment

How do I change difficulty level?

Comment

There is no difficulty level. As your team gets better and gets more wins, the harder the opponent teams get.

Comment

Working...
                          X