Comments on the update 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on the update 8?

Please share your thoughts on the update, maybe I see positive things that prevent me from quitting..?

One thing they did fix was the red N that always stayed on your mail even when you didn't have a message (^_^)

Comment

Tour mode is practically unplayable with ridiculous winds and hyper speed power bar. Greed driven to force you to get a watch and lessen wind effect. Well I have a watch and knocking 1.7 off of a 7 wind ain’t any help. Until it’s fixed, I for one will not play it.

Comment

Greed Star has replaced skill with randomness. I have been playing this game since 2014. I have 3 players, 110, 101 & 81. I have weathered the sloppy programming, inconsistent guild matchups, lack of new courses and marginal physics for long enough. Time for me to move on. Unfortunately, the majority of my guild is leaning the same direction. We are choosing to leave the game to the gamers who are willing to waste their money on pure frustration.

Comment

Any reaction or comments from com2 or ZenithAngler.

Nothing? What a surprise

Comment

• timjol1213
            timjol1213 commented
            Editing a comment
            Zenith probably took a couple weeks vacation when he found out when the update was going to be released. Guessing he’s on a beach somewhere laughing his ass off!

• Hellacious.G
            Hellacious.G commented
            Editing a comment
            Zenith always disappears after a major update. This is nothing new.

After this update I'm getting DC's every other match challenge, looking at guild info and powering equipment, it's annoying to the point where after just returning from a 3 month rest. It maybe time to give up with this bug ridden game.. shame as it has so much potential.

Comment

Like “Htigerma51” I have been playing GS since 2014...I even remember when it was fun. It’s gotten less and less so and this last “update” has just about killed it for me. Why “updates” can’t be used to add more courses, eliminate bugs and to even the playing field in Guild Battle and ‘one on one’ matches instead of adding ridiculous wind speed physics and “watches” to reduce the effect of the wind (and fatten the wallets of the developers) is beyond me.

Upgrade 8 should have fixed Golf Star, not created more problems.

Comment

Is GS doing anything about battle matching. My guild has 2274 guild points. We are now battling our 16th consecutive guild having higher guild points(many in the 3000-3500 range) than us. While we don’t really lose many guild points as we get slaughtered twice a week, it is demoralizing. The update has many of my 29 players opting out. 8 of my 29 players have opted out since the update and 6 more have indicated that they will opt out after completing their battles. Add those to the 9 who were already out and I will have just 6 players opted in. Many of the opt outs have said they are going to leave the game....pretty sad...

Comment

Agree with Htigerma51! Thinking it’s time to put my clubs away! Com completely ignores the comments and concerns of its GS customers. Every update comes out with something nobody wants and is of no benefit to the game. 7 mile winds and a stupid caddy watch!!!! Whoever the DA that came up with that idea needs to be show the door! Years go by and still no new courses. Started playing Ace Fishing after a long time away. Tons of new fishing areas since I left and well thought out updates to the game. Total opposite to what GolfStar put s out. Makes it really obvious that Com doesn’t give a rats ass about GolfStar and those of use who have played for years! Happy Trails, I’m off the catch a trophy fish!

Comment

Just curious if anyone has gotten anything above the minimum reward for watching one of their stupid adds since the update. I’ve gotten the minimum every time since Monday morning. Coincidence? I think not!

Comment

I've also been playing since ~2014... and this has to be the last straw... anybody still buying accounts? Or did they *fix* that problem with the new update :P

Comment

Imo this update is a feast for the short tee mappers, where most were hoping the opposite.. They broke away t6 entirely, why not leave t6 as it were and called what we have now t7 (how ridiculous it is) driving a ball over 700 yards is insane, gap between start and top can't be closed and the insane winds in tour, actually quite fun, but why not those winds on t1 courses in battle too?

Comment

as long as they don´t implement those winds into preps and battles all top places in leagues are surely given to best teams. Imagine a 2 or 3 wind deduction with 23y more distance and 200% perfect zone on kyoto 1. soon weßll see -23 and more.

Comment

I didn’t lose all my gear so I guess this wasn’t the worst update ever.!
                          I’ve been playing this since 2013 so nothing surprises me.
                          Last edited by SPIKERSHOTT; 01-08-2020, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Htigerma51 View Post
                            Greed Star has replaced skill with randomness. I have been playing this game since 2014. I have 3 players, 110, 101 & 81. I have weathered the sloppy programming, inconsistent guild matchups, lack of new courses and marginal physics for long enough. Time for me to move on. Unfortunately, the majority of my guild is leaning the same direction. We are choosing to leave the game to the gamers who are willing to waste their money on pure frustration.
                            I put zero money into this game for years now. I’m the reason they had to go to showing ADs.! LOL

Comment

• Htigerma51
                              Htigerma51 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I watch the ads as well(I have 3 players, so it’s a lot of junk to si through) because I recognize that they need some kind of income generator to stay in business. However, they really need to look at other ways to induce both existing players and potential players to contribute to the game. Instead of ‘improved physics’ ( I did not see any need for more improvement, because what they had was good enough and players were adapting to the various quirks)which do not generate income, they should be developing new courses and other perks which add value and enjoyment. I really have no need to be able to drive the ball 700 yards....
                          Working...
                          X