X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Career Unplayable Starting Points - Additional Info Needed

Hi golfers,

We understand that there is currently an issue with starting points in Near-pin and Long Putting stages in Mission Career mode. Our dev team is asking for additional information in order to resolve this issue.

If you encounter this issue, please provide the following information:

1) Your HIVE ID
    2) Your device model and OS version
    3) The mode, stage, course, and hole where the issue occurred
    4) The time of day the issue occurred
    5) Does it occur every time you play this stage?

Thank you for your support!

-ZenithAngler-

1. baknuchel
    2. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with Android 7
    3. Long Putting Career Mission Stage 5 Copa
    4. Every single round between 1 and 4 times out of 9 holes. Random as to which one, varies each time but was never in 1st hole (first 3 putts). Did 7 rounds (before getting the 50 stars for winning where only got one of these impossible starting positions)
    5. Every time but between 1 and 4 putts.

I don't mean to be rude but the developers just need to try playing it once and they will see the issue.

Comment

• ZenithAngler
      ZenithAngler commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi baknuchel,

Thank you for the info!

I delivered the devs the very specific info given in the other thread, too. I'm sure if I had Advanced difficulty available, I could have just showed them myself.

-ZenithAngler-

1. BadBogey
    2. iPad Mini 4, ios version 12.1
    3. Advanced/near-pin, stage 5/Aztec 1st hole
    4. 16:49 GMT -6... this info is useless
    5. I had to replay this stage 3 times, as this shot happened once each time.

This is is a near-pin stage...the shot started me behind a tree with no way to reach the green. I could not use high-draw, high-fade, low shot, punch shot, normal shot, etc... no shot selection could be made that would allow me to reach the green.

on 1 attempt, I used punch shot and was able to get it 42yd away from pin... this makes it impossible to win this stage, making it an unplayable shot.

Comment

Any idea why this is happening to my friends career mode? he has tried re-install but problem still persists

Comment

So how the hell do I get near the pin from here?

Comment

• ZenithAngler
          ZenithAngler commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi stu-simo,

We're sorry you're experiencing this. Can you provide me the information mentioned in the original post?

1) Your HIVE ID
          2) Your device model and OS version
          3) The mode, stage, course, and hole where the issue occurred
          4) The time of day the issue occurred
          5) Does it occur every time you play this stage?

-ZenithAngler-

• jim.software
          jim.software commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not easy. If your lucky, you'll get 3 attempts from the same position
          Try a punch shot, 9 iron 100% and work from there.

I just kept playing until I didn't get that position. Still only managed to place second due to the difficulty of the other holes.

• ZenithAngler
          ZenithAngler commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi stu_simo,

I managed to get this exact configuration on Stage 3/Advanced and it wasn't an issue (and I'm not that good). It looks more intimidating than it is.

I'm gonna rule this one a non-issue. All of the starting points I've encountered this round seem playable.

-ZentihAngler-

In the latest career missions, stage 4, advanced.
        Aztec, 1st hole, they put me behind a tree.
        Shot path guide shows that no shot can reach the green...normal shot, draw, fade, high draw, high fade, low shot, punch shot, nothing...
        Got it twice in a row. Tried a low shot, and ended up 53yds away. To win the mission, I needed 20yds or less total, so 53yds won’t cut it.
        the screenshots show the mission criteria and the shot in question.

Comment

I got the same thing with the same results. Nothing would reach, not even a full powered 1W could get through the tree.
          Every time I got this position I simply left the mission and started over. Lucky it was the first hole so starting over was not a big deal.

Comment

Yeah, I restarted the mission, only to have the same shot come up a second time.
            Restarting it for a 3rd time, I got some playable shots.
            Just reporting it in hopes the developers might get away from doing stupid stuff like this in the future.

Comment

Hi Bogey_brothers,

I got that same starting point on my account and have already reported it. While I did manage to get it on the green (got a lucky high-trajectory fade shot that seemed to not be affected by the tree's collision), it still wasn't very close.

We're sorry you experienced this and the developers will make sure this starting point is adjusted.

-ZenithAngler-

Comment

I had it today on whitecliff in 8th hole ball behind tree where you need to draw around mountain. Hitting full power Draw got it through the tree but about 50 yrds from hole

Comment

Originally posted by ZenithAngler View Post
                  Hi Bogey_brothers,

I got that same starting point on my account and have already reported it. While I did manage to get it on the green (got a lucky high-trajectory fade shot that seemed to not be affected by the tree's collision), it still wasn't very close.

We're sorry you experienced this and the developers will make sure this starting point is adjusted.

-ZenithAngler-

Thanks for the update.
                  just as an FYI...it was the same shot I posted about on December 26th further up in the thread.

Comment

Zenith they still have not fixed the problem with chipping closest to pin. Just had to do Aztec and I am down the hill behind a trees. To succeed you need to be less than 50 yrds. This automatically puts you at 173 yrds. Please send another reminder to try fix this SOON! Like so many other things

Comment

Working...
                    X