Application crashes in PRACTICE mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ZenithAngler,
    This issue of systematic crashes of the application in Practice Mode is now on the table since October 30st 2018. I find it absolutely unacceptable that COM2US even do not come up with a plan to fix this very issue. I regret to emphasize that Customer Service is just a joke and that your process of bug fixing is not working at all should COM2US ever claim they would have one in place.
    I do not know any software company in the world that treats its Customers the way COM2US does.
    Regards,
    RoyalBercuit

Comment

Hi RoyalBercuit,

We're sorry we have not found a resolution to this issue. I have not received any update regarding this issue, and I am still unable to reproduce it after playing for about 45 minutes on the Course Practice Field.

Our dev team will need additional steps to reproduce this issue in order to fix it. If you are able to produce a video of the issue occurring, it would be very helpful. But as of right now, I'm don't think our dev or QA team has seen this issue occur and we haven't been receiving other reports of this issue occurring.

Please provide any additional steps necessary to reproduce this issue or a video of the issue occurring and I will deliver it to our dev team to investigate.

Thank you for your support!

-ZenithAngler-

Comment

Zenith, it is not true that others have not had issues. Just go to the practice field. Then on each T redo the shots from the T about 3 times. After about 3-4 holes the game will shut down and you have to reboot.

Comment

• ZenithAngler
          ZenithAngler commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Harv,

I don't mean to imply that no one is experiencing it. We haven't received and customer support tickets regarding this in any of our regions, so we're lacking information to corroborate. I attempted to reproduce the issue as you described earlier today with no luck, so there may be other factors to this such as device type, network stability, or any number of things.

I will continue looking into this across multiple devices since our HQ isn't having any luck either.

-ZenithAngler-

Hi golfers,

Holy smokes, I just got it on an iPhone 6+ after not being able to reproduce it on a Galaxy S9, Galaxy S8, or iPhone 8. I will be recording a video of this issue and delivering it to our dev team asap.

Seems to happen very quickly on the right device, so I understand the frustration.

-ZenithAngler-

Comment

Before the update, I noticed the powerbar would get really jumpy (almost unusable) and my tablet would begin to get warm after a few holes. Unfortunately, I have not been in the practice field since the update, so I cannot give you any new feedback. I'll do some practice and report back.
          With that said, it is likely that lower power devices (older devices) might actually crash instead of just perform poorly.
          I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

Comment

• ZenithAngler
            ZenithAngler commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi jim.software,

I noticed the same thing when I was trying to reproduce this on my personal device (Galaxy S9). It never crashed, but the power bar got noticeably jumpier at the start of every new round. I have it on video now and have delivered it to the devs, and will follow up with them regarding the issue tonight.

-ZenithAngler-

Thank-you Zenith for sticking with this. I am using a iOS iPad II. IT is updated to latest version of software. I do not know how to do video while playing or I would. But when it shuts down it is instantly, with no bubbles. The screen will fade out a little then it shuts down.
          On another note I am getting random shut down since the December 12 update. It seems to happen when changing screens.

Comment

Thanks ZenithAngler to proceed with this very well known issue. It has been debated in this forum in the past but COM2US never came up with a fair reason that explains this application crash. Some of your Customers still claim that the crash of the application after several retries of variations on a specific shot on the same hole in the Practice Field is a feature implemented with the purpose to prevent players to "map" such hole. So please, do not bring into the discussion any other potential source of the problem than either a bug in the application or a delibarate feature of the application.

Xmas time is opportune to fix this debate fairly. In a previous communication you recogized that "the application crash in Practice Mode" is a bug. I remember you that there was no such bug in the past when players had the possibility to adjust the wind speed and direction in the Practice Mode. As soon as COM2US unilaterally decided to withdraw this feature from the application; the application crash occured.

No need to loose time in recording on different platform an issue that is already known by players and recognized by COM2US.

Please either ask to fix it and come up with a plan or write to your Customers that COM2US has decided so far to leave the situation as is.

Thanks in advance for your fair collaboration.

I wish you merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

Sincerely

Comment

Hi ZenithAngler,

I made a video recording that shows the crash of the GolfStar application when Practicing Waikiki 4T during 4 minutes in Practice Mode. Can you please be so kind to ,et me know how I can transfer it to you.
              Thanks in advance
              RoyalBercuit

Comment

Hi ZenithAngler,
                I made a video recording that shows the crash of GolfStar Application after 4 minutes of playing in Practice Mode. Can you please let me know how I can transmit this 4 minutes long .mp4 file to you? Thanks in advance.
                RoyalBercuit

Comment

Several people upload the video to youtube and post the link here (on the forum).

Comment

Hi RoyalBercuit,

As jim.software stated, the easiest way is to upload your video to YouTube and post the link here. Hopefully that won't be necessary, since I was able to reproduce and record the issue myself and have already delivered the video. But if you post it, i'll certainly deliver it.

-ZenithAngler-

Comment

Working...
                    X