Application crashes in PRACTICE mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application crashes in PRACTICE mode

When you play the same hole and the five Pin positions with maximum 2 different winds, the Golfstar Application systmatically crashes. That crash prevents any player to fine-tune his gameplay on a particular hole. I wonder if it is a bug or a delibarate system crash in order to prevent gamers improvement. Please be so kind to fairly answer if this crash is a bug or an unfair feature from the managers of the game. Thanks in advance for a quick answer and a resolution of this application crash.
    RoyalBercuit.

Hi RoyalBercuit,

We're sorry you're experiencing this issue. Can you tell me what device and OS version you're using to play the game? I will let the developers know that this issue is occurring so that they may fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support!

-ZenithAngler-

Comment

Hello ZenithAngler,
      I play on a Samsung Tablet Galaxy S2 model SM-T810. I use Android version 7.
      I hope this info will help.
      Regards,
      RoyalBercuit

Comment

Hi RoyalBercuit,

Can you provide any additional details to this issue, as I cannot seem to reproduce it.

- Does this issue occur in the Course Practice Field or Basic Practice Field?
        - When exactly does the app crash? (When selecting the tee? When hitting your shot?)

Any additional steps for reproducing this issue would be greatly appreciated!

-ZenithAngler-

Comment

Hi ZenithAngler,

It occurs in the course practice field.
          It can happen any time after you have played around 8 shots on the same hole. As you have 5 different pin positions and 8 different wind directions, should you want to test all combinations you should be entitled to play 40 tee offs plus possibly 2 second shots on par 5 and 8 puts.
          It means that you will have to enter and leave the hole quite a few times in order to get 8 winds at 2 m/s.
          The system never allows you to achieve the above after 6 trials the App crashes. I wonder if it is delibarate or if you have a memory leak that causes the crash.
          This is very simple to reproduce if you try it.
          I may publish this bug/unfair feature on your Facebook page,in order to get many players confirming they can easily reproduce this very crash.
          Regards,
          RoyalBercuit
          Regards,

Comment

I've experienced crashing in Practice for a few years, on multiple devices. It just seems to do it after a while, say 12-16 minutes. Matters not if I'm repeating holes, playing to different pin positions or just playing through 1-9 holes, it'll crash at some point. This has happened literally over a hundred times. No big deal compared to some other issues, just a little bit of an annoyance.

Comment

Hi Old_Git,
              A game that regularly crashes after 12 to 16 minutes has definitely a problem (bug or unfair feature). That needs to be fixed.
              When you fine-tune a shot with a specific wind direction (as now you cannot adjust the wind anymore), and that the game crashes; you will have to enter and exit that hole multiple times until you get the same wind again, and that takes you a lot of time!!!!!
              So I am reporting a REAL ISSUE, that I am not the only one to experience and I kindly request the customer service to deal with the developers in order to fix this issue and to provide us with a game that WORKS properly in PRACTICE mode. If the developpers cannot fix this issue quickly, I request that they re-implement the previous feature where players had the option to adjust the wind in PRACTICE mode as they wished.
              ZenithAngler, I count on you to follow-up this issue and to manage to come with a workable fix as soon as possible.
              Thanks in advance.
              RoyalBercuit

Comment

Hello ZenithAngler,

Still no news from you.
                Thanks in advance to reply.
                RoyalBercuit

Comment

Royal you are right, I also experience the practice courses crash and it does it on all courses. Like Old_Git said I think it is a time thing. I usually get about 4 holes done BUT it depends on how much I redo on a given hole to learn it. It definitely restricts you learning how to play different courses with different wind conditions

Comment

Hello ZenithAngler,

We do not hear from you. What is your position as Customer Support to this issue.
                    It would be kind to answer.
                    Thanks in advance.

RoyalBercuit

Comment

Hi RoyalBercuit,

The dev team is still looking into this issue and we do not currently have an update regarding the status. I will ask again for an update.

-ZenithAngler-

Comment

Hi ZenithAngler,
                        Thanks for the answer, if you have no update regarding the status it means that your development team has recorded this issue as a bug.
                        That is already a first step. COM2US recognizes the bug.
                        Now it is a matter of planning the fix.
                        I look forward to receiving an answer from you and I inform on my side all players of the game who share with me (some for years already) the opinion that the developers of COM2US will one day fix this very bug.
                        Thanks for your support.
                        RoyalBercuit

Comment

Hi ZenithAngler,

I am very surprised that after 3 weeks you still not have received an update on the status of the issue "Game crashes when playing same hole with different wind conditions in Practice Mode" In these conditions I suggest that come us makes available the feature that allowed players to select wind conditions on every hole in "Practice Mode". This feature has been working for years and it will not be a big job to turn it on with the next release.
                          Thanks in advance for your support.
                          Regards,
                          RoyalBercuit.

Comment

Still no news?

Comment

Hi Zenith what is the status of fixing the practice field shut down?

Comment

Working...
                              X